Mooer Ge 150

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

buscon
Established Member

Mooer Ge 150

Post by buscon »

hi,

does anyone tried this device on Linux?
http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/GE150-228.html

thanks!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Mooer Ge 150

Post by funkmuscle »

I've got their MPL and the software it does not run natively. It installs in wine but the USB connection is not visible. I've contacted them and they said it's a waste of time for them to make a native version of the software for linux.
I use the software on my phone and I keep an old laptop running Windows so I can add presets and IR to the unit.
buscon
Established Member

Post by buscon »

funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm I've got their MPL and the software it does not run natively. It installs in wine but the USB connection is not visible. I've contacted them and they said it's a waste of time for them to make a native version of the software for linux.
I use the software on my phone and I keep an old laptop running Windows so I can add presets and IR to the unit.
thanks a lot for your reply.
I was considering using my phone too. I also have a virtualbox running with windows, just in case.

Does the device get recognized as a sound card under linux?
If it's class compliant, it should.
Other question: can you get midi over usb?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

buscon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm I've got their MPL and the software it does not run natively. It installs in wine but the USB connection is not visible. I've contacted them and they said it's a waste of time for them to make a native version of the software for linux.
I was considering using my phone too. I also have a virtualbox running with windows, just in case.

No, as far as I know the USB connection is only for editing. At least on my MPL. On the FB group, everyone seem to connect via XLR or the unbalanced 1/4" jack.
buscon
Established Member

Post by buscon »

funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm
buscon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm

No, as far as I know the USB connection is only for editing. At least on my MPL. On the FB group, everyone seem to connect via XLR or the unbalanced 1/4" jack.
ok, thank you!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

no probs.