odin2

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: odin2

Post by glowrak guy »

Patch loading pops an error saying I'm using 2.0.13,
and sounds need 2.2.0, while I installed from 2.2.3

A typo in there somewhere?
Cheers
Frotron
Established Member

Post by Frotron »

glowrak guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:37 am I saw a youtube video of an older Odin version that had preset loader controls
in the upper left of the gui. Might have been a windows version in Studio One.
Is that an easy possibility to add for the lv2 version? Thanks for making the port
so quickly! I assume that takes some serious coding skillz
All versions share the same features. What you saw was an older version 2.0.X. You can still load presets by going to the preset browser (above modmatrix), selecting soundbank and folder and hitting "import". This is essentially the same functionality that was bound to the old button in the top left corner.

Or are you asking the button back for more convenient access?
Frotron
Established Member

Post by Frotron »

glowrak guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:28 pm Patch loading pops an error saying I'm using 2.0.13,
and sounds need 2.2.0, while I installed from 2.2.3

A typo in there somewhere?
Cheers
I'm pretty sure you upgraded with the .zip file and what your DAW sees is still the old VST2 version instead of the new VST3 / LV2.
You can check inside the synth by hitting the question mark button in the top-right corner. It will tell you the version you're using. If you want to get rid of the old VST2 version, check the folder

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/vst/
Odin is located there. But please keep in mind: once you delete the VST2, there is no way to get it back (I don't distribute it anymore). So please make sure you check compatibility with VST3/LV2 or save the VST2 somewhere else.

Please report back if the issue persists!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Hi i have a download version for gnu linux debian buster and work perfect,great modular synths. I have tested with waveform tracktion 11,reaper 6.2.4 ( dev-lv2 ) bitwig studio 3.3,Ardour 6.5 and Mixbus 6. It's a very great synth. Many thanks for this freeware device and best regards from Naples ( italy) :D

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

Probably ought to be mentioned here that Odin 2 was recently updated to version 2.3. Adds a reverb effect and microtuning support, plus a bunch of other tweaks.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.