KODE (plugins)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

skei
Established Member

KODE (plugins)

Post by skei »

hi!

i am preparing to release a bunch of (new) plugins.. some of them gpl licensed, ported from various other formats (jesusonic, etc), or using various gpl libs or other code.. so i obviously need to release the code too..

here is the first part, the framework/toolkit used to build the plugins:

https://github.com/skei/kode

i'm not really planning this to be a proper opensource project, with feature requests and proper release versions and all that.. but i'm not planning it NOT to be, either.. i'm mainly releasing this to be able to touch gpl licensed stuff.. but let's see how things play out..

the coding style might be a bit different from what you are used to, and some things might seem convoluted or confusing.. but there is a reason for most of it.. if anybody have any questions, i will gladly answer them..

i will update this post/thread to announce new features, and also, the plugins themselves when i start releasing them..

- tor-helge
Last edited by skei on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: KODE (plugin framework/toolkit)

Post by sysrqer »

Cool, looking forward to seeing what come up with!
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Very interesting. Can´t wait to see it. THanks for sharing. :D
skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

i just had a marathon session, and converted a bunch of old plugins, and a few new ones to my newest plugin framework, and uploaded some test binaries..

https://github.com/skei/kode/tree/master/bin/v0.0.0

note that these are work in progress..
not production-ready..
don't trust them..
(there are known bugs here and there!)

they're compiled as combined vst2/vst3/ladspa (the .so files works as all of these), and there's also dssi and lv2 stuff in there, but those parts doesn't work properly yet.. i haven't tested the ladspa versions much either, just saw that they were listed and loaded by carla and waveform.. for vst2, you just copy them to somewhere the host is looking for plugins, for example '/usr/lib/vst' or '~/.vst' or similar, depending on your host.. vst3 plugins is expected to be a 'bundle', so you need to setup some directories.. (i will make some kind of installer later, when i release the 'proper' plugins).. for example, for fx_blur.so, you need to create a directory structure like this:

Code: Select all

/fx_blur.vst3
  /Contents
    /x86_64-linux
      fx_blur.so
and similar for the other plugins..
also, only fx_gain_gui_xcb/cairo has a gui yet..

let me know if they work or not, which hosts, etc..

- tor-helge
skei
Established Member

Re: KODE (plugins)

Post by skei »

oops.. binaries are now compiled using the vestige header..

ps: these plugins are mainly ported plugins, and/or experiments, or tests to see if the framework is good enough for real world usage.. when (if?) i get enough reports that the plugins are working as intended, i'll start posting the real new plugins.. there's a lot of stuff in progress behind the scenes.. :-)
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

I had a crash when adding multiple plugins at once in Reaper but they seem to load individually 8) . Will explore more when I have some time.
skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

sysrqer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:12 pm I had a crash when adding multiple plugins at once in Reaper but they seem to load individually 8) . Will explore more when I have some time.
ouch.. :-/
thanks for reporting!
i will investigate!

edit: i can't reproduce it here.. i select all plugins, and drag them all to a track, and they all seem to load and work.. i did it several times for multiple tracks, and still no crash..