audio damage

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

skei
Established Member

Re: audio damage

Post by skei »

AlbertoZ wrote:I contacted the Audio Damage support, telling them the issue of GLIBC 2.29. Chris Randall responded instantly, he'll build a new version of Continua linking to 2.27.. Its very good to see such a responsive support from a developer, let's hope to have it solved.
great!
hope he will update roughrider3 too..
skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

new version(s) was posted yesterday.. roughrider3 loaded fine in bitwig, and worked for a short while, but then completely locked up my machine... needed a ctrl-alt-backspace to get it back again.. :-/
AlbertoZ
Established Member

Post by AlbertoZ »

skei wrote:new version(s) was posted yesterday.. roughrider3 loaded fine in bitwig, and worked for a short while, but then completely locked up my machine... needed a ctrl-alt-backspace to get it back again.. :-/
I reported similar issues to the AD support.
In reaper seems to load and work fine, but it doesn't work in Carla.
Let's see..

Alberto
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Roughrider needs also libcurl4, at first it didn't work in Carla but after installing libcurl4, it works ok
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

I briefly tested RoughRider in Reaper, and it seemed to work fine. However, now I have an 'Audio Damage' directory in my home directory that I did not create. I really hate it when *nix software does that, creating unnecessary clutter! (And in my experience it's usually only ports made my people not primarily developing for *nix that do that). Hidden files exist for a reason, you should never create non-hidden directories inside a user directory without the user's permission!

Edit: sorry if that comes off as slightly ranty. This issue just happens to be kind of a long-standing pet peeve for me. :lol:
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
AlbertoZ
Established Member

Post by AlbertoZ »

Quanta native build for Linux ready :D ...
thebutant
Established Member

Post by thebutant »

AlbertoZ wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:16 pm Quanta native build for Linux ready :D ...
Yes. :D
This seems like a synth right up my alley. Really interesting!
But unfortunately, when I download the demo, it doesn't show up in Mixbus (32C, my main daw).
Qtractor recognizes it and loads it just fine, but as someone has mentioned here about other plugins, it seems Quanta is blacklisted by Mixbus, and probably Ardour. Hope to see this fixed, as Quanta really seems like a great instrument.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@thebutant

What version of libc6 are your running on your system?
thebutant
Established Member

Post by thebutant »

GMaq wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:02 pm @thebutant

What version of libc6 are your running on your system?
libc6 2.30-0ubuntu2.1
Could that be related to the not showing up in Mixbus, showing up fine in Qtractor-thing?

I run Pop!_OS 19.10 with KXStudio repos.

EDIT: I see from previous posts the issue with old libc6 builds. However I run the Quanta demo mostly without problems in Qtractor (one crash). It just doesn't show up at all in Mixbus (32C).
AlbertoZ
Established Member

Post by AlbertoZ »

Also AXON02 is now provided as Linux Native build. :D
This is really fun to play with, have a look..
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

I bought Continua, as I've enjoyed toying with the demo (if you like mid-period Autechre, you'll probably like Continua). Not sure how often I'll end up using it on projects. As noted earlier, it's heavy on the CPU. With a bunch of modulations applied it can easily use up twice as much JACK DSP as a a u-he DIVA patch :lol: I wonder what it's like on a Windows machine.

All the synths are available as LinuxVSTs (VST3's as well). I've spotted also the effects: Dubstation, Enso, Filterstation, KombinatTri, Panstation and Roughrider. Still waiting for EOS myself (eh, the reverb on Continua just might be the best reverb available on Linux, but you can't pipe external audio through it).
Last edited by WforWoollyMammoth on Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

edit mistake
Last edited by WforWoollyMammoth on Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

edit mistake
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

(Sorry about the previous two posts)

EOS 2 just got released as a native Linux version ( vst / vst3). That's good news to those that have complained there aren't "pro level" algorithmic reverbs available on Linux, right? When it was released originally for win / mac it was widely regarded as one of the best plugin reverbs available. It's perhaps not quite on the same level as Sean Costello's most popular plugins, "ValhallaRoom" and "ValhallaVintageVerb", but it's not far removed from them quality-wise either. I think quite a few people still use it regularly.

Audio Damage put a couple plugins out as Linux versions at the end of last year (including their other reverb, ADverb2), but then they just stopped posting updates. I wondered if there'd be no more Linux versions, but thankfully, we did get more.
sjzstudio
Established Member

Post by sjzstudio »

The great thing is that Audio Damage makes more plugins for Linux. But if we want more of them in general, people need to buy them.

Here's a little off topic:
I asked the Linux version of Melodyne (contacted to celemony product support). The answer was:
"Thank you for your email. To be very honest with you I don't see this every happening if there is not a fundamental shift in the usage of Linux for audio production. I am not kidding if I tell you that we get maybe a small one digit number of emails a year for requests for Linux support, and for a small company like us it is simply financially not feasible to put the effort in to make this work or support this.We have a fairly good overview on our user base , what OS platforms they use and which softwares and Linux is really pretty much non-existent here. "

By this I mean mainly two things:
1. If there is a willingness to increase the number of commercial Linux plugins, you need to contact to manufacturers in order to realize the need.

2. Products must also be purchased.

I believe that the open source and commercial world can go hand in hand in the future and enrich the entire world of Linux audio.