Audio assault plugins @ linux

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tavasti
Established Member

Re: Audio assault plugins @ linux

Post by tavasti »

New guitar amp, available also for linux, and now in discount: https://audioassault.mx/rvxx.php

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

tavasti wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:40 pm New guitar amp, available also for linux, and now in discount: https://audioassault.mx/rvxx.php
Someone tried, is it good? :) Sigma is pretty nice.
turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

funkmuscle wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:42 pmSure man any info would be awesome. Thanks! I'm using Openbox.
I tried Openbox but the Mixbus GUI wouldn't even appear! I realise I was using the default config so maybe there is something I would need to tweak. I don't have the time to spend on configuring it though. MIxbus was running, so that was odd.

Have you tried another WM? JWM is a very lightweight, easy test (I use it for some games that don't like Compiz).
Arch Linux (i7-4790k/GTX970); UMC204HD; MPK Mini MKII; Jack2 (QjackCtl) & Ardour/Mixbus
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

turbidh20 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:23 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:42 pmSure man any info would be awesome. Thanks! I'm using Openbox.
I tried Openbox but the Mixbus GUI wouldn't even appear! I realise I was using the default config so maybe there is something I would need to tweak. I don't have the time to spend on configuring it though. MIxbus was running, so that was odd.

Have you tried another WM? JWM is a very lightweight, easy test (I use it for some games that don't like Compiz).
JWM I have and I've got almost all the desktops installed now and none of them will load it. Maybe it's something I did wrong because mine did not come with an installer so I just copied it into the VST directory. Nothing that can host VST on my system recognizes it or I shouldn't say doesn't recognize it but it ends up being blacklisted.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Kott wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 am
tavasti wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:40 pm New guitar amp, available also for linux, and now in discount: https://audioassault.mx/rvxx.php
Someone tried, is it good? :) Sigma is pretty nice.
First bit more in depht video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hKaGYBvdk

They say it is $9.99 for two more days.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

funkmuscle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 am

JWM I have and I've got almost all the desktops installed now and none of them will load it. Maybe it's something I did wrong because mine did not come with an installer so I just copied it into the VST directory. Nothing that can host VST on my system recognizes it or I shouldn't say doesn't recognize it but it ends up being blacklisted.
I just copied the VST into ~/.vst and the "standalone" elsewhere. Both work the same. Have you tried the standalone? At least it can't be blacklisted!
Arch Linux (i7-4790k/GTX970); UMC204HD; MPK Mini MKII; Jack2 (QjackCtl) & Ardour/Mixbus
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

turbidh20 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:51 am
funkmuscle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 am

I just copied the VST into ~/.vst and the "standalone" elsewhere. Both work the same. Have you tried the standalone? At least it can't be blacklisted!
No absolutely nothing to do with this plugin works.. as we know that Arch is a rolling release and I just have a bad habit of as soon as I turn my computer on, I update so it's right up to date with the bleeding edge updates of everything so I'm just wondering if that could be the problem?
turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

funkmuscle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:43 pmNo absolutely nothing to do with this plugin works.. as we know that Arch is a rolling release and I just have a bad habit of as soon as I turn my computer on, I update so it's right up to date with the bleeding edge updates of everything so I'm just wondering if that could be the problem?
I wouldn't call that a bad habit :wink: I also do the same. I sometimes also check more than once a day!
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

Try running ldd on the .so file (the plugin file) in a terminal.

It will print all the dependencies that the plugin has to libraries on your computer. In displayed list, check for any entry that failed to resolve. I don't remember the exact wording but it should be apparent that something is missing.
If there is a dependency missing, the plugin will likely not work.

I had this problem with the Aural Verb in the beginning. Basically it made a few assumptions that support libraries already were installed on your system. It can usually be fixed by installing the missing library, which I could in that case. I bug reported it to them also to hopefully require fewer dependencies. It's kept working here and I haven't checked if they improved it.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 am Try running ldd on the .so file (the plugin file) in a terminal.

It will print all the dependencies that the plugin has to libraries on your computer. In displayed list, check for any entry that failed to resolve. I don't remember the exact wording but it should be apparent that something is missing.
If there is a dependency missing, the plugin will likely not work.

I had this problem with the Aural Verb in the beginning. Basically it made a few assumptions that support libraries already were installed on your system. It can usually be fixed by installing the missing library, which I could in that case. I bug reported it to them also to hopefully require fewer dependencies. It's kept working here and I haven't checked if they improved it.
@spamatica, anyone ever told ya you're a genius?? It freakin' worked!!! Thanks!!!
turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:42 pm@spamatica, anyone ever told ya you're a genius?? It freakin' worked!!! Thanks!!!
So what were you missing? I would have thought you ran the standalone in the terminal anyway?
sjzstudio
Established Member

Post by sjzstudio »

The aural verb causes the Mixbus 32C to mute randomly. I had it on Mixbus and suddenly the whole session went silent. When Aural verb put bypass the session started playing again. So this was just a drum reverb in one Mixbus. AVLinux MXE latest version.