Audio assault plugins @ linux

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

occulkot
Established Member

Audio assault plugins @ linux

Post by occulkot »

noticed it somewhere on facebook, looks like another developer have joined to linux.

https://audioassault.mx/blogs/LinuxVST%20Available
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Re: Audio assault plugins @ linux

Post by AlexTheBassist »

That's great news. They have some stuff worth attention.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

They are awesome. I recently bought XCTR along with Aural Verb, and then asked if they gonna release it for Linux soon, because I was shocked by its CPU footprint under WINE/linvst, which I installed exactly for that. Turned out XCTR will not be released very soon, but the next plugin they ported to Linux is Duality. I, as a bass player, was triggered and just said in a reply I'd better buy this instead. Today, guys changed my XCTR license to Duality. Incredible. I highly recommend buying their stuff.

ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

AlexTheBassist wrote: I, as a bass player, was triggered and just said in a reply I'd better buy this instead. Today, guys changed my XCTR license to Duality. Incredible. I highly recommend buying their stuff.
Fellow bassist here. I agree that Duality is very good. I especially appreciate the blend in the cab IR section Also the dry/wet mix on the amp so you can blend it with your DI on a single track. There were blacklist issues with Duality in Ardour/Mixbus when I first tried it (worked fine in Qtractor) but the developer was very responsive and released a new version with the fix within a few weeks.

How do you like Aural Verb?
listenable at c6a7.org
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

ufug wrote:How do you like Aural Verb?
Still wasn't in the studio this week except the band practice, so looking forward to check it out. Liked the demo a lot though, sounds like it's gonna become my go-to reverb for many sources and genres.

finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

FWIW: the Linux version of Duality did not work in Ardour initially, but I've reported it and they've fixed the dependency on GTK, and so now it works fine. Kudos to to the developers for their Linux support!
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

FreakQ 305 has now a Linux version. Only tested in Bitwig so far, but seems to work. Has a nicer GUI, at least in my opinion.

I bought the WIN version when they were selling their plugins for next to nothing in December, so I was happy to see it getting released next on Linux.
kuacgraxa
Established Member

Post by kuacgraxa »

I am also very excited about these new audio plug-ins. Last year, I obtained the "auditory verb" and "Duality", which came to fill the lack of a specific bass amplifier, and I paid for future plugins, of which I saw two guitar amplifiers on the website. I don't know if "FreakQ 305" is included in this package, but otherwise, I'll be getting it for my collection, this EQ has the features I need :D :D :D
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Sigma: https://audioassault.mx/sigma.php Amp Sim has native version, and it's free.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I recently purchased a few of these including the forthcoming Grind Machine III, I put Duality on the bass track of an old demo and it was unbelievable. I'm having some issues with it not launching any sort of file manager to find it's presets or to save my own. Also I can't figure out how to register it with the key, there must be some UI aspects not working here although the plugin UI and various controls seem to be working.

I'm using XFCE4 (AV Linux based on Debian 10) anyone else having issues like that? I've emailed their tech support too
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Kott wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:57 am Sigma: https://audioassault.mx/sigma.php Amp Sim has native version, and it's free.
Great amp!

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Sigma now updated to 102 to fix stereo only operation..
turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

Kott wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:57 am Sigma: https://audioassault.mx/sigma.php Amp Sim has native version, and it's free.
Thanks for the heads up :D Not tried the free Amp Sim yet but also bought Duality on offer and it's great!
GMaq wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:50 pm I recently purchased a few of these including the forthcoming Grind Machine III, I put Duality on the bass track of an old demo and it was unbelievable. I'm having some issues with it not launching any sort of file manager to find it's presets or to save my own. Also I can't figure out how to register it with the key, there must be some UI aspects not working here although the plugin UI and various controls seem to be working.

I'm using XFCE4 (AV Linux based on Debian 10) anyone else having issues like that? I've emailed their tech support too
I've just tried the VST and standalone of Duality and loading presets and saving my own works. As mentioned in the 'Linux Install Guide.txt', I had to manually create the folders

Code: Select all

/opt/Audio Assault/Duality/Presets
/opt/Audio Assault/Duality/IRs
and give the whole '/opt/Audio Assault/' tree write permissions for my user. Those paths must be hard coded. I can't find anywhere to enter the licence key either though!

Like you, I tried it on an old bass track (in Mixbus) and it's given it a nice boost, sounds much better. I have no actual bass amp/cab so this will be a great boon for recording at home.
Arch Linux (i7-4790k/GTX970); UMC204HD; MPK Mini MKII; Jack2 (QjackCtl) & Ardour/Mixbus
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@turbidh20

Hi, Thanks for the answer!

I had been a bit hasty and just had missed the 'Audio Assault' part of the file tree, I just had from 'Duality' on down to the subfolders in /opt. Working now but still don't see a place to register the plugin but it's working anyway..
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

GMaq wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:03 pm @turbidh20

Hi, Thanks for the answer!

I had been a bit hasty and just had missed the 'Audio Assault' part of the file tree, I just had from 'Duality' on down to the subfolders in /opt. Working now but still don't see a place to register the plugin but it's working anyway..
Maybe it's just me but registering commercial plugins with a license code in Ardour and Mixbus has failed for me almost every time. Registration is consistently smooth for me in Qtractor though. I don't know why and I've gotten so used to it that it's the first thing I do with a plugin that requires a license. Worth a try?

Duality is very fun and fills a niche well. I'm looking forward to putting it to work!
listenable at c6a7.org