Anyone know how to do 9/8 in Hydrogen?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

merlyn
Established Member

Re: Anyone know how to do 9/8 in Hydrogen?

Post by merlyn »

@DecAgnts : gratuitous griping is one thing. Gratuitous griping to cover up user error is another :lol:

First of all the problem with 6/8 you're having is a jack_transport issue, not a Hydrogen issue. It's kind of irrelevant though, because DrumGizmo does do per instrument outputs.
DecAgnts
Established Member

Post by DecAgnts »

merlyn wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:53 am @DecAgnts : gratuitous griping is one thing. Gratuitous griping to cover up user error is another :lol:

First of all the problem with 6/8 you're having is a jack_transport issue, not a Hydrogen issue. It's kind of irrelevant though, because DrumGizmo does do per instrument outputs.
Fantastic (DrumGizmo having individual outs, that is)! I'd still like to understand this though. I would have thought that if the program driving Hydrogen via Jack Transport synchronization was set to 6/8, and Hydrogen's editor was also set to some size that's a multiple of six, there would be no reason for Hydrogen to skip back to beat one before it's done with its "bar," particularly at bar 4, implying it doesn't understand it's not supposed to be doing 4/4. After all, the master time source it's synced to ought to be expecting bars to be six beats long. Is there something I'm setting incorrectly?

(I will investigate DrumGizmo...)
Aleks
Established Member

Post by Aleks »

Well, if I am counting it right (using my fingers too), this looks like 9/8 to me. How you group and accentuate those is up to you...
Selection_003.png
Selection_003.png (35.03 KiB) Viewed 429 times