Qsampler as a LV2 plugin gui

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

alex stone
Established Member

Qsampler as a LV2 plugin gui

Post by alex stone »

Rui, I have a question about using Qsampler as an LV2 plugin instance gui.

I load an LV2 instance in a track as a plugin. I can open Qsampler and it will automatically detect the plugin instance, with all the toys to add, edit and remove gig instruments. But i can only do this for the first instance. It will not allow me to edit a second instance while the first is open and/or loaded. I need to shut down the sequencer, create a new instrument instance, edit that, save it as a preset, and so on. For a 6 piece band, this might be ok, but it gets problematic when building up a full orchestral template with lots of LV2 plugin instances.

Can Qsampler be modified to allow a qsampler gui window for each instance, or alternatively, allow the user to specify which LV2 plugin instance in the sequencer he or she wishes to edit in some way? (And importantly, can you see the user value in the question i ask?)

Alex.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Qsampler as a LV2 plugin gui

Post by bluebell »

alex stone wrote:Rui, I have a question about using Qsampler as an LV2 plugin instance gui.

I load an LV2 instance in a track as a plugin. I can open Qsampler and it will automatically detect the plugin instance, with all the toys to add, edit and remove gig instruments. But i can only do this for the first instance. It will not allow me to edit a second instance while the first is open and/or loaded. I need to shut down the sequencer, create a new instrument instance, edit that, save it as a preset, and so on. For a 6 piece band, this might be ok, but it gets problematic when building up a full orchestral template with lots of LV2 plugin instances.

Can Qsampler be modified to allow a qsampler gui window for each instance, or alternatively, allow the user to specify which LV2 plugin instance in the sequencer he or she wishes to edit in some way? (And importantly, can you see the user value in the question i ask?)

Alex.
Having many tracks with linuxsampler.lv2 works fine here, see http://marzen.de/tmp/qsampler.jpg

Do you have more than one instance in the same track?

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/