VeeSeeVSTRack for Linux [official beta binaries available-updated 28 April 2019]

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: VeeSeeVSTRack for Linux [official beta binaries available-updated 16 March 2019]

Post by jonetsu »

GMaq wrote: I will try another plugins build and see if it fails again... in the meantime I've encountered another snag... If I use your binary in Ardour 5.12 (official Ardour bundle) the plugin loads on a MIDI channel just fine, the UI looks fine...BUT If I click on the 'open' folder on the VeeSeeVSTRack UI to load a preset Ardour goes poof...
That's a quick test, so let's try it. Indeed, and in both Mixbus32C 5.1 and Bitwig.

Also, in Mixbus32C (should be the same in Ardour) it is not possible to use the keyboard to look for modules, even with Mixbus' little green keyboard top right enabled. And since the keyboard can't be used, backspace to delete modules does not work. However in Bitwig the keyboard works. This is an Ardour issue with some plugins such as Redux.
GMaq
Established Member

Re: VeeSeeVSTRack for Linux [official beta binaries available-updated 16 March 2019]

Post by GMaq »

jonetsu wrote:[
That's a quick test, so let's try it. Indeed, and in both Mixbus32C 5.1 and Bitwig.

Also, in Mixbus32C (should be the same in Ardour) it is not possible to use the keyboard to look for modules, even with Mixbus' little green keyboard top right enabled. And since the keyboard can't be used, backspace to delete modules does not work. However in Bitwig the keyboard works. This is an Ardour issue with some plugins such as Redux.
Hmmm,

Mixbus not working isn't really a shocker...but still sad to hear.. but BitWig?? eh tu Brute!!??

So exactly what Linux plugin DAW host is VeeSeeVSTRack usable in right now as far as the ability to browse and load presets? :?

Lol, so far this experience is becoming more like the 'Rack' of medieval times than a usable plugin!

OK I jest, and my opinion is really not of much importance, obviously this is an incredibly complex bit of software with an infinite number of potential uses for Synth fanatics. My sincere kudos to the developers for taking on such a complex task and even considering making it a plugin.. My personal interest in VeeSeeVSTRack was more to expose it to a wider audience and prepare a dependable working LiveISO environment than any personal affinity or desire to achieve modular synthesis. It's quite clear at least for now as a LinuxVST plugin it is not even close to beta, add to that its chubby 474mb payload and fact that it crashes both default hosts in AV Linux (Ardour/Mixbus demo) I unfortunately will have to leave it out for now on the next AVL release, I had truly hoped to have a bootable live VCVRack experience but I'm a hosts+plugins guy not a modular standalone affectionado plus truthfully there is limited real estate on Live media for an application this size so I will wait and watch for a 1.0 release in the future.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

GMaq wrote:... It's quite clear at least for now as a LinuxVST plugin it is not even close to beta, add to that its chubby 474mb payload and fact that it crashes both default hosts in AV Linux (Ardour/Mixbus demo) I unfortunately will have to leave it out for now on the next AVL release, I had truly hoped to have a bootable live VCVRack experience but I'm a hosts+plugins guy not a modular standalone affectionado plus truthfully there is limited real estate on Live media for an application this size so I will wait and watch for a 1.0 release in the future.
Understood. However, just for the record, I wouldn't expect an official VST version of VCV Rack - that is, a version from the VCV Rack development team - until v2 which is probably a year or so away.

Meanwhile I'm unable to reproduce the Open File error when running VeeSeeVSTRack in BWS 2.3.5. It works fine here.

Best,

dp
davephillips
Established Member

Re: VeeSeeVSTRack for Linux [official beta binaries available-updated 28 April 2019]

Post by davephillips »

Updated & bumped.