Windows vst routing for dummy humans

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Drcianuro
Established Member

Re: Windows vst routing for dummy humans

Post by Drcianuro »

Here are the logs:
Maybe some plugins are in duplicated folders, knowing it doesnt use to be a good thing...

======= Starting engine =======
======= Engine started ========
Carla engine started, details:
Driver name: JACK
Sample rate: 48000.0
Process mode: Multi client
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Decimator' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/decimator_1202.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Delayorama' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/delayorama_1402.so
carla-discovery::error::Binary doesn't contain any plugins - /usr/lib/ladspa/dssi-vst.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Fractionally Addressed Delay Line' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/fad_delay_1192.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'GSM simulator' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/gsm_1215.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Impulse convolver' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/imp_1199.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Multivoice Chorus' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/multivoice_chorus_1201.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Signal sifter' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/sifter_1210.so
carla-discovery::warning::Plugin 'Tape Delay Simulation' is not hard real-time capable - /usr/lib/ladspa/tape_delay_1211.so
carla-discovery::error::Binary doesn't contain any plugins - /usr/lib/dssi/dssi-vst.so
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/AXP Flextron.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/CaliforniaSun.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Chorus+.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Deep Crunch.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Dust Bucket.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Emissary.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Flanga.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Heavy Tone.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Le456.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/NRR-1.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/NadIR.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Nick_Crow_8505_Lead_v1.01.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Plusdistortion.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Poulin_LeCab2_Rev1.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/Preampus Metal Razor 1.01 RC6 FINAL.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/PulseModulator.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/.wine/drive_c/VST PLUGINS/TSE_808_2.0.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/AXP Flextron.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/CaliforniaSun.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Chorus+.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Deep Crunch.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Dust Bucket.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Emissary.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Flanga.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Heavy Tone.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Le456.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/NRR-1.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/NadIR.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Nick_Crow_8505_Lead_v1.01.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Plusdistortion.dll
carla-discovery::error::Not a DSSI plugin - /home/mani/Desktop/Nueva carpeta/Poulin_LeCab2_Rev1.dll
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

You should add them to the vst path, not SSSI.
Drcianuro
Established Member

Post by Drcianuro »

Solved, everything works, but the solution passed trhough install ubuntu studio, deepin gave some trouble with some packages and get tired of it. Sorry for de delay.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Just say a thought, if using plugins and also windows plugins could be so easy as 1 click and done without losing the posibility of use jack then thousands of users will come to linux in a fast lapse of time. im sure.

See u.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Drcianuro wrote: Just say a thought, if using plugins and also windows plugins could be so easy as 1 click and done without losing the posibility of use jack then thousands of users will come to linux in a fast lapse of time. im sure.
As I mentioned, for me it basically is.

It is by reading the problems like expressed here, over and over again, that I waited such a long time before trying it out. When I make music I want to make music, not software. A little bit of tuning and putting things together is OK and needed, but not spending hours on trying to make something work and finding workarounds and writing problem description on forums.

So one day I decided upon what seemed to be the simplest solution that would allow me to make music and picked up linvst, with wine-staging. These two seemed to be deleiver the most straightforward solution.

Like, no need to ask about Windows vst routing for dummy humans and that was a 100+ feature that would allow me to make music.

Eg. launch a Windows plugin, put it on a trackm use it. Like every other plugin. Rinse and repeat.

And it turned out that linvst delivered exactly that. My wallet can tell you how much it works.

So yes, it is a 1-click thing after install.

And I'm glad for that.

Now there other part is getting to know and use creatively those new plugins.

Disclaimer One: as I mentioned before I do not run Windows. So I do not have a legacy of plugins that must be made to work. No such thing. When I try a Windows plugin demo, if it runs, fine, if it crashes and do not run then I forget about it.

Disclaimer Two: Yes, on a plugin-by-plugin basis it is possible to find some problems here and there with some plugins, but 1) nothing major preventing creation and 2) the percentage of such problems is very low all things considered.
Drcianuro
Established Member

Post by Drcianuro »

Jonetsu, thank u very much for the acknolowdgement, finally i reached a bunch of plugins i love working under linvst, and easilly load inside reaper, just one click after all. I didnt knew what exactlly was linvst a little bit of work and documentation made the magic, and win vsts work even better to me.

I was too much lost about a few things so even the post should be tittled "tell me options to do this" or whatever.

I know for usual linux fellas and developers must be sometimes bothering read things like "why is not like this or like that" and sounds like "world is terrible and u are the guilty", so i insist all that stuff, wine, carla, linvst it is cool i say honestly. Maybe the spreaded information is the thing make sometimes to users and newbies got sometimes a hell sensation in some points of learning the how to.

Thanks for all the help to everybody.