New GxDistortionPlus.lv2

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

New GxDistortionPlus.lv2

Post by tramp »

So, it's hot here in Germany, but fortunately my house is a old farm house from 1830. Inside the house it's really, really good tempered, so, instead enjoy the garden, I put some time in my work room on a new plugin.
I've checked the MXR Distortion + analysis on ElectroSmash and modelled it.
I found the sound a bit harsh, so I go and search for some mod's for it and found a Bass Boost mod which I implement.
This please me more. But for some stuff the original may be pleased at well, so I made a switch to allow to select between the modded and the original version.
Here it is:
https://github.com/brummer10/GxDistortionPlus.lv2

enjoy.
When you've checked it out and played with it, let me know which version you like more, the original, or the one with the BassBoost.

regards
hermann
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: New GxDistortionPlus.lv2

Post by funkmuscle »

sounds sweet but it needs the bass boost on for my taste.. The bass boost captures the pedal closer I think.?????
tramp
Established Member

Re: New GxDistortionPlus.lv2

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote:The bass boost captures the pedal closer I think.?????
Well, there could possible be some errors in my simulation, but the version without the BassBoost represent the original one.
I read in a couple of DiY forums were people been not pleased with the sound from the MXR. Hence they start to modify it. The BassBoost is such a modification, and as I said, it pleased me as well even more.
When use with moderate distortion settings (around 0.4 - 0.7) the original version sounds good for me, as a overdrive pedal.
But you are right, as a distortion pedal it needs the BassBoost.
On the road again.