How to load presets in OBXD

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

magicalex
Established Member

How to load presets in OBXD

Post by magicalex »

I've installed obxd.lv2 via the kxstudio repositiories but can't figure out how to load presets. I've put the presets I downloaded from linuxsynths.com in the .lv2 folder in my home folder, but when I run obxd in Carla and right click on the GUI the skins/bank menus are greyed out. Any help would be appreciated.
magicalex
Established Member

Re: How to load presets in OBXD

Post by magicalex »

Thank you!
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

falkTX wrote:on the 1st page click the load presets button.
OK, forgive me if I'm being a bit dense. I can't see any 'load preset' option in Carla for either obxd-lv2 or obxd-vst. This is what I see.
Screenshot from 2018-05-09 15-10-04.png
Screenshot from 2018-05-09 15-10-04.png (70.67 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Screenshot from 2018-05-09 15-10-30.png
Screenshot from 2018-05-09 15-10-30.png (79.4 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
When I open obxd in Ardour all the presets are the same i.e. 'default'. Am I putting my presets in the wrong location?
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

This is the error message when I try to open jalv

Code: Select all

error: failed to open file /home/sandy/.lv2/ObxdPatchesBrian-01/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///home/sandy/.lv2/ObxdPatchesBrian-01/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/sandy/.lv2/ObxdPatchesBrian-01/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /home/sandy/.lv2/C_Owl_Alvarez_OBXD_presets/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///home/sandy/.lv2/C_Owl_Alvarez_OBXD_presets/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/sandy/.lv2/C_Owl_Alvarez_OBXD_presets/manifest.ttl
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

I'll have a go at sorting it out tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Post by Frank Carvalho »

falkTX wrote:ah, so the contents of the folder is not right.
the presets need to go into ~/.lv2 directly (the xxx.lv2 stuff), not a folder that contains the presets.
LV2 is very picky about what and how you put things in its path.
This reminds me of an issue I've wanted to address for a while. Carlas carpx file contains paths to a number of things. I can modify a setup file with relative paths, and Carla reads and understands this. But if I save changes in Carla it rewrites all the paths to absolute paths. This is a nuissance if I want to move a setup file and related items to another machine and location for instance.

So, is it possible to have Carla respect relative paths, and keep them relative at save?

/Frank
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.