BespokeSynth - modular softsynth/graphical programming env./DAW

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Kott
Established Member

Re: BespokeSynth - modular softsynth/graphical programming env./DAW - Linux build?

Post by Kott »

LAM wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:03 pm To enable VST (2) support when compiling BespokeSynth from source requires you to set the VST SDK.

Is there any alternative (FOSS) to enable it without using the proprietary headers? I've looked at FST but I'm not sure how to do it, any help? :oops:

[EDIT] Solved by myself, installed fst-dev package and pointed the first cmake command like this:

Code: Select all

cmake -Bignore/build -DBESPOKE_VST2_SDK_LOCATION=/usr/include/pluginterfaces/vst2.x
did it worked for you? seems it's not full replacement for $teinberg sdk
LAM
Established Member

Re: BespokeSynth - modular softsynth/graphical programming env./DAW - Linux build?

Post by LAM »

I guess it worked for me because I was running another executable (I had 3 versions installed). :lol:

Purged everything and started from scratch: it will compile with FST, but as I load VSTs Bespoke crash or freeze.

So, bad news, it doesn't work with FST. :cry:

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

How other DAWs and plugin hosts solve this, like Ardour or Carla?

Is there something different that Bespoke needs?

@Kott I saw your comment in https://github.com/awwbees/BespokeSynth ... -691748564, are these solutions viable?

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

LAM wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 am How other DAWs and plugin hosts solve this, like Ardour or Carla?

@Kott I saw your comment in https://github.com/awwbees/BespokeSynth ... -691748564, are these solutions viable?
well, if you want to compile on your system then just get the original vst2 sdk

i use patched JUCE for packaging, it's a bit more tricky
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Ardour and Carla uses vestige afaik
Helio uses vestige inside JUCE https://github.com/peterrudenko/JUCE/bl ... at.cpp#L44
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Kott wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 am
LAM wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 am How other DAWs and plugin hosts solve this, like Ardour or Carla?

well, if you want to compile on your system then just get the original vst2 sdk

i use patched JUCE for packaging, it's a bit more tricky
I already did it, that's probably why it was working, it was one of my installations.

I was looking an alternative to the $teinberg SDK, so Vestige should work in theory?

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

it should
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Ok, I think Vestige will do it, but before singing victory I should double check. :lol:

I took this commit from Helio as reference: https://github.com/peterrudenko/JUCE/co ... e7ddc01ac2

Created modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/VST3_SDK/vestige/vestige.h
Modified modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp to include vestige.h instead of aeffect*
Adapted cmake command to this:

cmake -Bignore/build -DBESPOKE_VST2_SDK_LOCATION=/home/xxx/BespokeSynth/libs/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/VST3_SDK/vestige/
[UPDATE] Did the procedure from scratch 2 times, it seems to work. :D

skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

neither vestige or fst supports all the features of vst2, unfortunately..
most of it, yes, but not everything..
- tor-helge
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

Yes, anyway I was able to run most of the Airwindows plugins and Carla (for loading LV2 and other formats), so as long it works I'm fine. ;)

sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

LAM wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:03 pm I had this when tried to open one of my projects:

$ BespokeSynth 
Attempting to load VST: /home/xxx/Audio/DAW/BespokeSynth/vst/Galactic.so
Creating VST instance: Galactic
Initialising VST: Galactic (1.0.0.0)
Creating VST instance: Galactic
Initialising VST: Galactic (1.0.0.0)
Attempting to load VST: /home/xxx/Audio/DAW/BespokeSynth/vst/StarChild.so
Creating VST instance: StarChild
Initialising VST: StarChild (1.0.0.0)
Attempting to load VST: /home/xxx/Audio/DAW/BespokeSynth/vst/Srsly2.so
Creating VST instance: Srsly2
Initialising VST: Srsly2 (1.0.0.0)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LoadStateException'
  what():  std::exception
Ucciso
Don't know if it's a coincidence, but until I didn't add VST plugins the project opened correctly. :cry:
Did this project use a prefab, or did you save one from this project? I haven't had this happen since that particular project and that was the only one where I starting using and making prefabs.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Also Unfa enjoyed it last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh66PG_LeEM
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

sysrqer wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm Did this project use a prefab, or did you save one from this project? I haven't had this happen since that particular project and that was the only one where I starting using and making prefabs.
I don't remember it anymore, but I solved the problem.
I was symlinking the BespokeSynth config folder (in ~/Documents) to another location in my home, once I tried it without symlinking the prefab save worked correctly.

I now have other problems: When I enter numerical values with the keyboard in some modules BespokeSynth freeze (in the terminal it shows "corrupted size vs. prev_size").

Not sure, my wild guess it's that could be linked to the "De-JUCE" commits going on after September 27. If nobody reported it would means that I'm the only one experiencing it (because of my setup/build) or very few people use the keyboard to enter values. :mrgreen:

sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Interesting. I'm not symlinking anything but from what you've said it seems there might be an issue connected to prefabs.