Carla issues

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Quirq
Established Member

Carla issues

Post by Quirq »

I've just installed some updates (including Carla) and restarted my machine. In Ardour, Carla-rack is now no longer saving instrument settings of a particular VSTi, which wasn't an issue before.

Synaptic tells me that I have 2:1.9.7+git20171129.2v5 installed (though the -bridge-win32 and -win64 and -wine32:i386 and -wine64 don't have the ".2v5" appended to the name, don't know if that's of any consequence).

VB3 seems to be working fine. The issue I'm having is with M-Tron Pro. Carla-rack loads it fine when reopening the session, but the instrument is blank i.e. it doesn't remember which sound was loaded.

Is this likely to be fixed soon? If not, I'll try forcing it to the previous version. I installed the upgrade in the hope that it would fix another issue I was having, namely that Carla-rack can't load Gig files, it always gives the error "Timeout while waiting for a response from plugin-bridge..." I'm not sure I've ever managed to get it to load Gigs, is it possible I'm doing something wrong?
Quirq
Established Member

Re: Carla issues

Post by Quirq »

I'll double-check tonight/tomorrow, but I recall that it wasn't saving the state even after the first time. That is, immediately after the upgrade the state wasn't changed, I reloaded what was missing, saved and closed the session and I think I reloaded the session and the plugin state still wasn't saved.

As I say, I need to double-check when I'm at home and I'll let you know.

Have you any thoughts on the Gig issue I mentioned? I've no problem with loading SFZ files but Gigs always time out and it's been that way for quite a while now.

By the way, thanks for all your brilliant work :D I find Carla incredibly useful and, these very minor issues aside, it works superbly and you're always incredibly helpful with support :)
Quirq
Established Member

Post by Quirq »

Thanks. Okay, it'll be tonight or tomorrow when I'm able to report stuff.
Quirq
Established Member

Post by Quirq »

As I thought, the new version of Carla isn't saving all settings of a plugin's state, though it is changing some. I've filed a bug report.

The .gig issue seems to be a Linuxsampler issue. That used to work, but just now when I tried loading .gig files, it crashes every time saying "Could not get current list of channels. Sorry." which is probably why Carla reports the plugin as timing out/crashing. I'm using LS from the KX repo (2:2.0.0+svn3347-1kxstudio2).

Any ideas what the issue is with LS?