ExEf (Extreme Effect)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

ExEf (Extreme Effect)

Post by funkmuscle »

ExEf (Extreme Effect) is an extremely powerful and flexible Real Time effect engine running on a PC under LINUX.

Saw this on facebook and don't know if that poster posted this here but does anyone remember this or anyone ever used it?
I tried a billion years ago to no luck..

http://exef.oec.sk/
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: ExEf (Extreme Effect)

Post by CrocoDuck »

Seen it for the same time on Facebook too. I didn't try to install it yet. Seems it was last updated 2 years ago.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

CrocoDuck wrote:Seen it for the same time on Facebook too. I didn't try to install it yet. Seems it was last updated 2 years ago.
Yeah it's ancient and I tried it even way before that and I've never got it working.
Nachei
Established Member

Post by Nachei »

funkmuscle wrote: does anyone remember this or anyone ever used it?
I tried a billion years ago to no luck..
I tried it a billion years ago too, but I did got lucky, got it working.

In those dark times I didn't document how I did things, so I can't help you about how to configure it.

It is the first guitar distortion I used in Linux, I was starting with Linux audio and stumbled upon it while looking for "guitar distortion" (still hadn't heard of Rakarrack or Guitarix, that's how rookie I was). I remember it was very easy to use, you just typed "ExEf" on the terminal, and boom, you were jamming.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful about how to install it, in any case should be easy because I got it running on Puppy Linux, and it wasn't a preinstalled Puppy package, so it should not need a lot of dependencies...