new GxSVT.lv2

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

Re: new GxSVT.lv2

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:
While guitarix itself has bpm sync implemented (via midi beat clock (cc22)) I haven't implement bpm sync in the lv2 plugs yet.
Let me know which modulation plugs you are most interested to has bpm sync and I'll implement it into them. :wink:

regards
hermann
I used the flanger and chorus very often, it would be handy to have sync in the flanger (and phaser I suppose). I would use the delays much more if they had sync.
tramp wrote:
For the Fun in it, I've implemented BPM sync to the Digital Delay (mono version) already, it's in guitarix git now. :)
Awesome thanks, I will try to build the git version soon and give it a try 8)
Arthurx
Established Member

Post by Arthurx »

Hi tramp,

I have installed all your new plugins. With the $ git submodule magic. It compiles like a charm.
I use the Gx svt for zynaddsub and it is gentle.

Thanks a lot :D
I keep following your plugins

Arthur
gimmeapill
Established Member

Post by gimmeapill »

I finally took the time to test a bit in Ardour at 96Khz.
After about 30 seconds white noise ramps up and it goes completely silent.
Otherwise, yes, it sounds very nice.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:
tramp wrote:Let me know which modulation plugs you are most interested to has bpm sync and I'll implement it into them. :wink:
For the Fun in it, I've implemented BPM sync to the Digital Delay (mono version) already, it's in guitarix git now. :)
Just got around to trying this (thanks to falktx providing a git update to to the guitarix package)... what a love delay this is! The bpm host sync is interesting with being able to change the bpm dial to do smooth transitions away from the original delay time. Perhaps being able to double click the knob to return to the host value or something like that would be useful. I really like this though, I make dub music so the tape modes are excellent. For me it would be just perfect if bpm knob had pitch artefacts but I know that's not everybody's cup of tea.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

gimmeapill wrote:I finally took the time to test a bit in Ardour at 96Khz.
After about 30 seconds white noise ramps up and it goes completely silent.
Otherwise, yes, it sounds very nice.
Hi

Thanks for reporting the issue.
I've now added a resampler and do internal downsampling to 48kHz when 96kHz been in use.
If you find the time to check if it works for you, it would be fine. :)
sysrqer wrote:Just got around to trying this (thanks to falktx providing a git update to to the guitarix package)... what a love delay this is! The bpm host sync is interesting with being able to change the bpm dial to do smooth transitions away from the original delay time. Perhaps being able to double click the knob to return to the host value or something like that would be useful.
I'm glad you like it.
I'll think about to implement the double click trick to reset the bpm, nice idea.
sysrqer wrote:For me it would be just perfect if bpm knob had pitch artefacts but I know that's not everybody's cup of tea.
Do you mean something like time-stretching?
On the road again.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:
sysrqer wrote:For me it would be just perfect if bpm knob had pitch artefacts but I know that's not everybody's cup of tea.
Do you mean something like time-stretching?
More like pitch shifting although maybe it is time-stretching. Like this - http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sr7wTJgzQh
Like the mda-dubdelay behaves.
gimmeapill
Established Member

Post by gimmeapill »

tramp wrote: I've now added a resampler and do internal downsampling to 48kHz when 96kHz been in use.
It works : I just tested in the same conditions for about 20 mins with no stability issue & I couldn't hear any difference - thanks for fixing ;-)
One remaining issue at 96khz though: The cab sim sounds very thin and midrangey, with virtually no bass at all. Just to be sure I compared with 44.1k where it sounds just fine.
Also, would it be possible to have some kind of visual indicator when downsampling is used?
Not that it makes a significant sound difference for me toying around, but this may be of importance for producers...
wjl
Established Member

Post by wjl »

tramp wrote: It's simple, as a open source developer, I depend on your feedback, otherwise, I may get lost between development circles.
Right now, I'm very proud about this plug, and I believe I've nailed it, but maybe, I'm wrong. That's what I like to know, am I wrong?
Tell me, don't be shy :)
Hi Hermann,

I've tried it on the weekend, and it's wonderful - so thanks a lot for this! In case you're interested, I mentioned it on my blog as well.

So thanks again for your incredible work!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
more about me on my blog
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Hi Wolfgang

Many Thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated. Especially as you've owned a SVT and so know how it "should sound".
It gives me a good feeling that my calculations are not so wrong. :)
Looking forward to hear some of your recordings.

regards
hermann
On the road again.
wjl
Established Member

Post by wjl »

Hello again Hermann,

hoping that you're ok and well? I know this is an old thread by now, but I just cleaned up my environment a bit and made GxSVT a central part of my setup in Ardour (waiting for Ardour 6 to hit the repos, have it in 5.12 now).

Here's a track on which I've used it, both with (melody) and without (lower register) the cab sim:

https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-190780.php

Also on this one, no cab sim and I used palm muting a bit here:

https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-190857.php

Thanks again for that wonderful plugin,
and cheers,
Wolfgang
more about me on my blog
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Hi Wolfgang