Want A Different Save File Dialog For ZynAddSubFX

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Want A Different Save File Dialog For ZynAddSubFX

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Is it possible for ZASF developer to implement either a GTK-based or QT-based save file dialog?

The reason I asked is I don't like having absolute path in the Filename box as that should only be for navigating the file system. Maybe it's because I don't like the file open/save dialogs even though I used it in the past without any problems, but today I screwed myself up since I thought I did save my project, but my file wasn't saved and I'll have to redo it again.

I mean, at first I got used to it, but I want to use a different dialog from a different toolkit. Because sometime in the future, I might screw up again. In GTK or QT file save dialog, I wouldn't because the GTK/QT dialogs are more intuitive compared to the ZASF's toolkit.

Can I simply type in the file name such as this:

instrument.xmz

instead of having an absolute file path with the file name?

/path/to/instrument.xmz

Another note, when hitting the right arrow key while the whole text is highlighted, the insertion point goes to the beginning of the absolute path and not the end. Hitting Enter simply highlights the whole absolute path including the name of the file I want to save. I simply want to hit Enter to save the parameters and close the file dialog.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
fundamental
Established Member

Re: Want A Different Save File Dialog For ZynAddSubFX

Post by fundamental »

Using a GTK/Qt based file save dialog is extremely unlikely. Some of your issues with the fltk file save dialog are likely fixed in the zest (the new UI toolkit for 3.0.0 and beyond) file save dialog.
ZynAddSubFX maintainer