Get the sound of an abandoned US surveillance tower, free

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

davephillips
Established Member

Re: Get the sound of an abandoned US surveillance tower, free

Post by davephillips »

Thanks for the tip ! I've built it from your repo but haven't tested it yet.

EDIT: Tested in Bitwig 1.3.15, it wouldn't load.

I also checked out John Flynn's site, he has more JUCE-based plugins that might be useful in Linux versions.

Best,

dp
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

falkTX wrote:FYI at least on my case, the plugin is constantly generating xruns when there's audio input (and reverb is active).
yep, that's all I got was killer xruns.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

Started from scratch again, got it running, my bad with the former build. I'm getting xruns too, a fairly steady stream. The reverb itself is nice, the reverb types is a sweet touch, but overall the audio artifacts render it not so useful in realtime.

Best,

dp
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

davephillips wrote:Greetings,

Started from scratch again, got it running, my bad with the former build. I'm getting xruns too, a fairly steady stream. The reverb itself is nice, the reverb types is a sweet touch, but overall the audio artifacts render it not so useful in realtime.

Best,

dp
The IR reverb that's on the link to download, is it supposed to be very soft because I could hardly hear it when I apply it two drums and guitars or anything.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

funkmuscle wrote:
davephillips wrote:...The reverb itself is nice, the reverb types is a sweet touch, but overall the audio artifacts render it not so useful in realtime.
The IR reverb that's on the link to download, is it supposed to be very soft because I could hardly hear it when I apply it two drums and guitars or anything.
I'm just using whatever the plugin defaults to with falkTX's codebase, the effect is quite audible.

Best,

dp
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

davephillips wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
davephillips wrote:...The reverb itself is nice, the reverb types is a sweet touch, but overall the audio artifacts render it not so useful in realtime.
I'm just using whatever the plugin defaults to with falkTX's codebase, the effect is quite audible.

Best,

dp
ok I meant the free IRs that was there but that was for the Funktion speakers. Too bad no realtime possibilities for the plugin.. the reverbs are sweet sounding if you can last 20 secs with the xruns popping.