Native Access

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Native Access

Post by glowrak guy »

A few things come to mind...and from the above topic,

Use wine-stable 5.x from wineHQ repository. Make sure any older distro-based wine was fully removed.
(If possible, a fresh Ubuntu Stusio install to an external drive, would be good luck.)

Set winecfg to present itself as win 10 (retry as win 7 later, if still no success with the following:

install 32bit support:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt update

install libgnutls30

install winbind

mkdir /home/y-o-u/iso-files

Run native access, and when the download 'fails', command

mount -t udf /home/y-o-u/.wine/drive_c/users/y-o-u/Downloads/name-of.iso -o unhide /home/y-o-u/iso-files

cd /home/y-o-u/iso-files

find the now visible installer, and launch it with

wine name-of-installer.exe

Move the installer for backups as desired.

Hope it helps!
torgeir
Established Member

Post by torgeir »

Suggestions on how to get past the dreaded "No compatible update found"? https://imgur.com/Xwnkc8M.png

Edit: Ubuntu studio 20.04.1 LTS, wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1), with all of @glowrak guys suggested settings from the earlier posts
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

NI have a helpful tool that lets you clear registry entries allowing a fresh installation
of their products. I've used it in the past without problems.

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Windows-

You could also rename .wine and make a new .wine folder and do a fresh install.
After installing a NI product in wine, Native Access needs to be restarted for it to
place the product in the installed category. Just checked, and It's working fine here.

Native Access-Studio-20.04.jpg
Native Access-Studio-20.04.jpg (212.7 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
torgeir
Established Member

Post by torgeir »

Thanks! Yeah, I actually finally got this working last night! :D

I lost count of the number of attempts, I probably did like 15+ installs of everything, assuming I got some of the dll-overrides, wine architecture or wine version (stable vs staging) wrong. However, what actually got me in the end was that I was using a relative path for the Native Access.exe binary, and not a fully qualified one (!)

I did

wine ".wine/drive_c/Program Files/Native Instruments/Native Access/Native Access.exe"

instead of

wine "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Native Instruments/Native Access/Native Access.exe"

The latter consistently works, while the former does not.

For the record, the suggested mfc140 and mfc42 dll overrides seem to be working fine. I also installed urlmon, webio, winhttp and wininet as per https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... gId=108258
but I suspect they are not nescessary. This was on Ubuntu studio 20.04.1 LTS, wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1), and wine works fine with a 64bit env.

I`m off to enjoy GGD through Kontakt and will probably stay away from Native Access until I have no other option than to open it again 8)
torgeir
Established Member

Post by torgeir »

Sorry for the necro, but I did this again recently and missed a few steps, and noticed some have changed;

• On sway on wayland I needed the dxvk dll override as well for GGD and Grovebass to work reliably: winetricks vcrun2013 gdiplus urlmon dxvk
  • The Native Access 1 installer has moved
  • Remember to run installers with the full path, prefixing their path with $PWD, e.g. wine $PWD/.wine/drive_c/ (...) /Native\ Access.exe
  • After the installers fail, e.g. when installing GGD or Grovebass, you need to mount the iso, and install them manually. Remember to -o unhide when mounting to enable the hidden files, e.g.

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir /mnt/ggd
sudo mount -t udf $PWD/Downloads/GGD_Modern_and_Massive.iso -o unhide /mnt/ggd

sudo mkdir /mnt/grovebass
sudo mount -t udf $PWD/Downloads/Grovebass.iso -o unhide /mnt/grovebass
  • Open Kontakt.exe before opening a plugin e.g. in reaper on the first run.
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »