guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I've recently built most of tramp's newer recent individual Guitarix GIT Plugins which are currently now in separate GIT repos and not yet included in the main Guitarix application. For my own testing on various machines I built some debs so I figured I might as well share them...

Before downloading please be aware:

- Have a good thought for tramp and his hard work on these :)
- These packages are built on Debian Stretch with gcc5, not sure if they work on Debian Stable or 'buntu's prior to 16.04.
- These packages don't fix dependencies, they simply place the plugins in /usr/lib/lv2.
- I won't be regularly maintaining these, if there are a few new plugins at a time I may update them, it's a spare-time thing.
- Once installed they will appear with any existing 'Guitarix Team' LV2 plugins in your DAW.
- These packages aren't really supported but it would be nice if someone could let me know if they work or not...

LINK: http://www.bandshed.net/packages/guitarix-lv2-git/
Last edited by GMaq on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tramp
Established Member

Re: Temporary guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

Post by tramp »

Thanks for doing this.
As I said in the other thread, no need to be worried about interference with guitarix, those plugs will stay "extra". Here are no plans to include them into guitarix main repository. So no temporary flag is needed.

PS. I see your plugin starter, have you ever tried jalv.select, it may be handy for you, as it allow you to search plugs by name and start it with a selected preset. Also you could search plugs by regex or plugin class.
https://github.com/brummer10/jalv_select

On the road again.
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Temporary guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

Post by GMaq »

Hi tramp,

Thanks for the clarification and also streamlining the GIT repositories to make it easier, I will have to check out jalv.select, my chooser is just a simple zenity script I made up and is not nearly as refined as jalv.select.
tramp
Established Member

Re: guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

Post by tramp »

GMaq wrote:Hi tramp,

Thanks for the clarification and also streamlining the GIT repositories to make it easier
You are welcome. :)
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Re: guitarix-lv2-git debian packages

Post by tramp »

GMaq wrote:Thanks for the clarification and also streamlining the GIT repositories to make it easier
Well, basically it wouldn't really make it easier to build a debian package from this repro, up to now. As it use a recursive technique in the base makefile, a debian package build will fail over that. So, I've now added a exclude directive for a possible debian dir in the build tree, which allow now a easy debain package build.

regards
hermann
On the road again.