PianoTeq: '80s-Warm-Sounding Electric Pianos

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GraysonPeddie
Established Member

PianoTeq: '80s-Warm-Sounding Electric Pianos

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Does PianoTeq emulate some of the 80s warm-sounding electric piano? Here are some of the examples in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN4La6qmSnk

Some of the patches in his video sounded fatty and gritty in the low end of the frequency spectrum. Very cool; very funny. It's between 5:30 to 12 minute mark. I came across the video while looking at some videos on factory DX7 presets. But then, for electric pianos, I prefer some warm-sounding, soothing lows to mids and sparkly highs in an electric piano. :)
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: PianoTeq: '80s-Warm-Sounding Electric Pianos

Post by glowrak guy »

I think the Pianoteq excel at everything, the vibrahone is awesome, but install the demo,
it's quite playable. Anything one might find lacking, can be touched up with hexter, guitarix, rakarrack. calf.
Some subtle ampsim saturation, and an ambient Hexter layer or two, on a good EP, can make even raging hyenas
sing acapella without snarling and biting. Lots of editing to perfect a sound is built in.
Cheers
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Thanks for the advice. :)

Gonna have to wait until I can build up my income and before I become too crazy spending my money on products like PianoTeq...
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

https://www.pianoteq.com/try The demo only mutes 8 #'s,
and must be reloaded every 20 minutes. Quite a few hits have been
done on the white keys, in three minute territory :wink: