Millennium DSP Plugin-Suite.

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Paradox Uncreated
Established Member

Millennium DSP Plugin-Suite.

Post by Paradox Uncreated »

I did a loudness test with The Millennium DSP Plugin-Suite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7lTL7lPSw

Currently windows VST, but I am sure you have a wrapper :)

http://ovekarlsen.com/Blog/engineering/

Peace Be With You.
Last edited by Paradox Uncreated on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paradox Uncreated
Established Member

Re: Millennium DSP Plugin-Suite.

falkTX wrote:
Paradox Uncreated wrote:Currently windows VST, but I am sure you have a wrapper :)
errmm :? :? :(
:|

Is it opensource?
I'd be glad to help make new plugins work on Linux.
You could always try to port it to Linux. The Gui work is mostly what is left in these betas.
PBWY
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

All my open-source work is released under The Beneficient Open-Source Licence.
The Beneficient Open-Source Licence:

This program, plugin or function is licenced under
The Beneficient Open-Source Licence.

That means that its source is released
and shall stay available openly,
to benefit humankind, in the path of God.
And that shall apply to developments,
modifications, derivations, and branches.

The licence may not be changed, but modifications
between program, plugin and function may be done,
and used alongside software of other licences.

Peace Be With You.
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

"Beneficient Open-Source Licence"

... dunno. :)

Why not use General Public License? So the source code must stay open... GPL's more like it. I mean, what advantages does BOSL have that GPL does not have? And yeah, FalkTX is really confused as I am.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
paulmerchant
Established Member

Post by paulmerchant »

I like some of the weird, custom licenses out there. They can be quite fun. If you don't like them or don't trust them, quite a few, almost all, don't stop you from adding your favorite license as you start to work with the code. If you wanted to be really technical about many of these licenses, you could just slap on Apache 2 and include the funky custom license in the mandatory NOTICE file. I certainly didn't appreciate the mean-spirited, abrasive, intolerant behavior of a certain very talented developer around here. A big thanks to the moderators for protecting him from himself. Maybe he doesn't get enough sleep because he's always writing so much code that makes the world better. :)
Paradox Uncreated
Established Member

raboof wrote:
Hi,

The thread you started at viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11846 kind of got out of hand.

I've cleaned it up. Feel free to let me know if it takes a bad turn again, and let's try not to provoke anyone anymore with issues not related to linux musicianship.

Thanks for your consideration,
kind regards,

Arnout

I see you have removed some of my serious posts aswell, including the post that was only a link to a music piece. To disagree should be completely ok online. To state against gays and gayactivism should be completely fine. And completely in line with democratic principles. And if I get upset, that comes from a very good place. I did research on religion for many many years. Then you should side with me, not the retards. Anyway since that happens rarely, and forum moderators often overrate their own importance, I have almost completely stopped using forums. But I did actually think people would atleast have the sense to appreciate the worlds best DSP in open-source form. I see my comments on Stallman is also gone. What you should do is put on a nazi hat, an order people around, and prevent anyone from criticising your facist constructs. Ofcourse having such a feeble mind that you do not realize this, this probably comes across as "woof woof" to you, and I see really very little point in continuing.

--
Any serious person can though read my blog, for an uncensored and real view of what I say.

PBWY
paulmerchant
Established Member

Post by paulmerchant »

The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil.
Vague and, legally, completely benign. Why bother to worry about it?

Not saying that Paradox's posts aren't over the top. I didn't see anything like this last one before the moderators stepped in. My comment above was about a different post from a long-time poster that looked silly and a bit explosive.

I don't think anyone would cast blame if this isn't packaged because of the weird license. Sounds like a good decision.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

Paradox Uncreated wrote:To disagree should be completely ok online. To state against gays and gayactivism should be completely fine. And completely in line with democratic principles.
As I've explained in more detail in PM, it is indeed completely OK to disagree online, but on this forum you have to keep your disagreement within our guidelines, which means no off-topic and/or rude posts.
Walnutcracker
Established Member

Post by Walnutcracker »

First of all, I do think it's unusual to bring religion into a license that is supposed to be open source, as open source is supposed to be for everyone, all inclusive.

That aside, I do wonder why you decided to choose your own license and not choose one of the many existing open source licenses? What is different about yours, other than the reference to god? (which one by the way?) Is it not better to stay with existing licenses to avoid license proliferation?