No SFZ Sampler with Aftertouch Support?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Qualitymix
Established Member

Re: No SFZ Sampler with Aftertouch Support?

Post by Qualitymix »

This has all been compelling to read. It makes me beg the question: is there anyone out there picking up where Linuxsampler left off and trying to continue development? Surely it's a great starting point to start implementing the SFZ2.0 standard? I would try calfbox, but I don't use the non stuff. I use samples alot, mostly Dimension Pro(from Sonar 8.5 producer), and when I can get it to work, Session Drummer.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

falkTX wrote:anyone wants to donate a aftertouch-capable keyboard? :lol:
How many keys ?
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Carla seems to handle aftertouch if I use sf2 files (not sfz) such as acoustic guitar, so applying pressure after holding down a key produces a fast vibrato effect. If I use an SFZ file such as Flute.sfz from Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra, Carla ignores amplfo_depthchanaft (I manually inserted the setting in an SFZ file that is not inserted by DSF when I purchased the library). I've tried using aftertouch for Maestro Concert Grand (in GIG format), but there's no aftertouch for the piano.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

stanlea wrote:
falkTX wrote:anyone wants to donate a aftertouch-capable keyboard? :lol:
How many keys ?

I insist, I'm serious.
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Samson Graphite 25 will work. I use Samson Graphite 49, since both 25 and 49 support keyboard channel aftertouch. It's about $130 with only 3 in stock.

My Samson Graphite 49 ($180-$200) worked very well with Linux using 3.8 lowlatency kernel. My 49's got an on/off switch so I don't have to bother unplugging the USB cable from my MIDI keyboard if I want the display turned off. I was a little too careless with Akai MPK25 when I broke the USB port by stepping in the cable where my keyboard sits in the floor, exposing pins. Now my 49 (which I need more keys anyway for testing out instruments since I write music using a mouse :)) sits in my X-style keyboard stand -- just barely, but it didn't slip off. Keyboard stands aren't designed for 25 keys anyway. Heh heh. :) I didn't know about Samson Graphite 25 and 49. I could have save money around early this year, as the reason for MPK25 is to have 25 keys with aftertouch (LinuxSampler which I didn't know until recently) and some knobs to control ZynAddSubFX with. (Sigh) Oh well.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Three octaves keyboards are not so common, you find more easily 25 or 49 keys. I can contribute for a Samson Graphite 25.