Spectrum Analyzers

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

aprzekaz
Established Member

Spectrum Analyzers

Post by aprzekaz »

Just wondering if there are any others besides the Calf Analyzer that I'm overlooking. I like the Calf Analyzer but maybe another option would be cool. I saw that there is Japa from the Zita family (they also have a limiter I havn't used yet). Is it possible to port these to LV2?
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Spectrum Analyzers

Post by dednikko »

Invada has a pretty wonderful analyzer. It is available as LADSPA and LV2.
Think like a gun.
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

There is one in the meters.lv2 too.

https://github.com/x42/meters.lv2
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

I'm also interested in this. japa might be nice, until now I've only heard of jaaa. Having it as a plugin may be more useful though. I still think it'd be even better if some of the linux EQ plugins had spectrum analyses underlayed behind them.
Smeefer
Established Member

Post by Smeefer »

An analyzer plugin that came out awhile before the Calf Analyzer is the Invada Meter which also shows the entire sound spectrum. It has less options, but it also seems to use less memory. Ardour3 will crash sometimes when I'm using the Calf Analyzer, but not so much when I'm using the Invada Meter. Crash as in...Jack zombifies or times out due to too much stuff going on at once.
www.camversion.org/music-smeefer <--listen to Smeefer's music!
www.camversion.org/music-smeefer-collabs <--listen to Smeefer's music with vocalists.
www.camversion.org/smeefers-blog <--read Smeefer's blah blah blog!
Quirq
Established Member

Post by Quirq »

Is the Invada plugin the one called Invada Meter, or am I missing part of the collection?

I've been heavily reliant upon Voxengo's Span (in a VST host under Wine) recently and wish there was something like that for Linux, but I've not found anything quite the same so far. I like the slow time-domain resolution of the Mastering setting, the fact that you can alter the slope of the frequency fall-off, the fact that it's marked logarithmically in Hz and that it's resizable. And it's really nice to look at too :lol:

I think the one that comes nearest is Calf, but the bars view is still rather "peaky" for my liking and it seems very flat/horizontal rather than falling off towards higher frequencies and I can't see any way of adjusting that.
artek
Established Member

Post by artek »

aprzekaz wrote:Just wondering if there are any others besides the Calf Analyzer that I'm overlooking. I like the Calf Analyzer but maybe another option would be cool. I saw that there is Japa from the Zita family (they also have a limiter I havn't used yet). Is it possible to port these to LV2?
I will give my 3 cents, I use for most part jkmeter for sound level metering, for spectrum visualization baudline and Invada Meter, you can use also jamin.
Artek