Something like izotope ozone

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

C0MP73R

Something like izotope ozone

Post by C0MP73R »

Hello all,

I'm pretty new when it comes to recording and Linux. I have been using Ubuntu for about 2 years. Before switching from windows and mac I used to record a bit and used ozone to make my little acoustic guitar and vocal tracks more tolerable. Is there anything like that (simple preset) effect suites or small combinations for use with LMMS?
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Something like izotope ozone

Post by dednikko »

I'm afraid there isn't such a thing. The closest tool to Ozone is JAMin, but it is still standalone. I hope someone makes it into an LV2, or at least the components of it.
Think like a gun.
C0MP73R

Post by C0MP73R »

Thank you for the response. Maybe I'll look iinto what the standard set of effects for acoustic/vocals consists of. I only really know to compress it and add some reverb. The other goodies that ozone did should be doable with some individual ones I just have to put on my thinking cap and read:).
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

Hi C0MP73R,
just a thought... if you are using Ubuntu and want to add the KXStudio repos, there are tons of effects available there to use. I'm not familiar with izotope ozone unfortunately, but there are lots of apps for linux that process audio signals.

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
evlsht
Established Member

Post by evlsht »

Hi, you can use jamin as an external insert on a daw like Ardour, not usr you can do this kind of routing in LMMS
Even better solution is to split your full band signal with a crossover filter, through busses, and use the effects you want (expander, comps, Ms tools) as insert on each bus.
This will be really much more transparent and precise than Ozone...
wolftune
Established Member

Post by wolftune »

evlsht wrote:Hi, you can use jamin as an external insert on a daw like Ardour, not usr you can do this kind of routing in LMMS
Even better solution is to split your full band signal with a crossover filter, through busses, and use the effects you want (expander, comps, Ms tools) as insert on each bus.
This will be really much more transparent and precise than Ozone...
I too wish there was something like Ozone. The goal is not about being transparent and precise, the goal is to quickly get a bunch of settings to have a decent output from the mix, a quick but high-quality mastering. Of course there are other ways to do it, but there is value in quick and easy when it is still as nice sounding as Ozone. Indeed, Jamin seems to be the closest we've got.
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
http://wolftune.com