Anyone know a good tape saturation plugin?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Walnutcracker
Established Member

Anyone know a good tape saturation plugin?

Post by Walnutcracker »

I know there is the one in Mixbus but i can't use that in Ardour 3. Other than that, the only one i can think of is the tap tubewarmth plugin. Is there anything else out there that would emulate tape saturation?
male
Established Member

Re: Anyone know a good tape saturation plugin?

Post by male »

Walnutcracker wrote:I know there is the one in Mixbus but i can't use that in Ardour 3. Other than that, the only one i can think of is the tap tubewarmth plugin. Is there anything else out there that would emulate tape saturation?
There's invada tube, and sigmoid booster and C* saturate (which is newish). There's also a new one called zamvalve. Oh and don't forget guitarix distortion (available as a lasdap plugin). It's the only one that also include some filtering (you know, tape doesn't exactly have a flat frequency response up to 22Khz!)

FWIW, I use tubewarmth the most.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

TAP-tubewarmth is the only one I know which support tape saturation.
However, in guitarix-git you could find now 2 new distortion plugs (LV2), it's GxMultiBandDistortion, which support 5 configurable Bands. That will allow you to adjust the distortion exact to your needs. And GxFuzz, which is a 4*time oversampled wavesharper with (fixed) pre and post filtering. This one comes with a "BigMuff" tone controller , and in/output controls. So you can adjust it as well to behave like tape saturation.
On the road again.
lucianodato
Established Member

Post by lucianodato »

Calf guys are coming with a new tape plugin, check git. (Also they added a transient designer too)
Arguy (IRC)