Page 1 of 1

TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 am
by f00bar
Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:09 pm
by ssj71
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I'll bet you could get close with openAVproduction's sorcer. Its for dubstep stuff. I don't think it has a gate though. Is it just an automated gating based on tempo then? (sorry not really a dance music guy :\)

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm
by f00bar
ssj71 wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I'll bet you could get close with openAVproduction's sorcer. Its for dubstep stuff. I don't think it has a gate though. Is it just an automated gating based on tempo then? (sorry not really a dance music guy :\)


Gating is based on tempo and the typical pattern is

Code: Select all

 +----+----+
 +----+    |
 |    |    |
 |    |    |
*    *    *


For the gate, i can use a MIDI gate, but I have not found one.

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 pm
by autostatic
f00bar wrote:For the gate, i can use a MIDI gate, but I have not found one.
http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
The KXStudio-Team plugins repository contains a pizmidi plugins package, not sure what is in there though.

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm
by f00bar
Well, sorcerer uses filterd square wave oscillators. I am looking for a huge amount of detuned saws I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Nj6nCWHhQ

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 am
by autostatic
Then your only option is ZynAddSubFX or Yoshimi probably as those allow to create 8 different voices that can be detuned. I don't know of any other Linux synths that have similar capacities.

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm
by f00bar
Yoshimi works, but I cannot get the midi modulation to work. That would need a hybrid bus: 2 audio, 1 midi -> 2 audio. I guess that neither ardour3 or qtracktor can do that, can they?

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 pm
by autostatic
Qtractor can have MIDI plugins and audio plugins on one MIDI track or bus.

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 am
by GraysonPeddie
f00bar wrote:Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

Do you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1wG_ppYZM

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm
by f00bar
GraysonPeddie wrote:
f00bar wrote:Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

Do you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1wG_ppYZM

Yes

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm
by f00bar
Here is a JACK + Qt4 app that I wrote does MIDI gate. Feel free to package it if you like. Note: I could not manage to fix text labels in QtDesigner. They just show the internal state of the QDial control. See the source.