TrancenderSE like synth for linux

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 am

Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

ssj71
Established Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby ssj71 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I'll bet you could get close with openAVproduction's sorcer. Its for dubstep stuff. I don't think it has a gate though. Is it just an automated gating based on tempo then? (sorry not really a dance music guy :\)
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

ssj71 wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I'll bet you could get close with openAVproduction's sorcer. Its for dubstep stuff. I don't think it has a gate though. Is it just an automated gating based on tempo then? (sorry not really a dance music guy :\)


Gating is based on tempo and the typical pattern is

Code: Select all

 +----+----+
 +----+    |
 |    |    |
 |    |    |
*    *    *


For the gate, i can use a MIDI gate, but I have not found one.

User avatar
autostatic
Established Member
Posts: 1728
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby autostatic » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 pm

f00bar wrote:For the gate, i can use a MIDI gate, but I have not found one.
http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
The KXStudio-Team plugins repository contains a pizmidi plugins package, not sure what is in there though.

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, sorcerer uses filterd square wave oscillators. I am looking for a huge amount of detuned saws I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Nj6nCWHhQ

User avatar
autostatic
Established Member
Posts: 1728
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby autostatic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 am

Then your only option is ZynAddSubFX or Yoshimi probably as those allow to create 8 different voices that can be detuned. I don't know of any other Linux synths that have similar capacities.

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Yoshimi works, but I cannot get the midi modulation to work. That would need a hybrid bus: 2 audio, 1 midi -> 2 audio. I guess that neither ardour3 or qtracktor can do that, can they?

User avatar
autostatic
Established Member
Posts: 1728
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby autostatic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Qtractor can have MIDI plugins and audio plugins on one MIDI track or bus.

GraysonPeddie
Established Member
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:12 pm
Location: Altha, FL
Contact:

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby GraysonPeddie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 am

f00bar wrote:Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

Do you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1wG_ppYZM
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

GraysonPeddie wrote:
f00bar wrote:Is there a synth or synth+gate that generates sounds like TrancenderSE VST on linux (that "fat" reversed gallop rythm present in dance music)? It only crashes in festige on KX studio 64-bit.

Do you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1wG_ppYZM

Yes

f00bar
Established Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: TrancenderSE like synth for linux

Postby f00bar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Here is a JACK + Qt4 app that I wrote does MIDI gate. Feel free to package it if you like. Note: I could not manage to fix text labels in QtDesigner. They just show the internal state of the QDial control. See the source.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Plugins, Effects and Instruments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests