OpenSource non-linux plugins out there?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

witchspace
Established Member

Re: OpenSource non-linux plugins out there?

Post by witchspace »

falkTX wrote:The README from that project kinda makes me not waste time with it:
Some limitations:
Sample rate is locked at 44.1 kHz
Well, ok...

As you said we already have dexed so this one is not that important.
The dexed plugin in the distrho ports needs updating, I'll do that soon.
Right, just wanted to mention it. The most interesting thing about it for me is that it can read sbi instrument banks from old DOS games. Agreed that the sampling rate limitation sucks, and is unnecessary, for example the DOSBOX OPL emulator can run at arbitrary sample rates.
lucianodato
Established Member

Post by lucianodato »

Arguy (IRC)
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

falkTX wrote:For some reason I completely didn't see this one before:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/luftikus-by-lkjb

now in a kx package as "luftikus" (and DISTRHO repo).
Just giving this a quick test while watching a youtube video (not really the greatest test)

So far its brilliant, the keep gain switch is very usefull allowing you to really hear whats going on and keep the level the same.

Only thing though why is there a 10hz control? seems to be the most pointless frequency range to be effecting since all its doing is taking up power . It takes massive amounts of power just to reproduce those frequencies not to mention cant hear them not sure if you could even notice it unless its pretty loud and most speakers sytsems dont go down that low and even if they can you wouldnt want them too.

during recording and mixing you generally roll of everything at various points so you dont build up sub mud.

Anyway apart from that its a great sound plugin and while the frequencies are set there in key places (except for 10hz)

Highly recomend you put this in your favourites list.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

akiz
Established Member

Post by akiz »

We have PitchedDelay and luftikus from LJKB!
Is it possible to make Refine (his plugin for kvrdc 2014 contest) linux version also? It is absolutelly amazing "mastering" plugin something that linux needs :-)
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

falkTX wrote:
Thanks, I left a comment in the topic and will PM the OP.
Reading all the posts, it seems that the status of the sources is very unclear.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

falkTX wrote:thanks for the suggestions.

I just added these 2:
http://www.klangfreund.com/lufsmeter/
http://au.tomatl.org/

And also a "stereo source separation", but there is no official webpage for that.
http://distrho.sourceforge.net/ports
There is a text inversion there, spelld donwload.
Cheers
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

akiz wrote:We have PitchedDelay and luftikus from LJKB!
Is it possible to make Refine (his plugin for kvrdc 2014 contest) linux version also? It is absolutelly amazing "mastering" plugin something that linux needs :-)
At the risk of being taken out and beaten, and with the knowledge that the developer has made it clear he will not provide the source code for Refine right now (so there is NO native Linux option).. it does seem to work with Wine, I tested it briefly with ArdourVST a few weeks ago, OBVIOUSLY not ideal, but it is a temporary method if you really like what Refine does...
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

No beatings, they just put you on the :twisted: list :twisted:
after the magic number of positive wine posts
have been made. Number varies based on the phase of the moon.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

GMaq wrote:
At the risk of being taken out and beaten, and with the knowledge that the developer has made it clear he will not provide the source code for Refine right now (so there is NO native Linux option).. it does seem to work with Wine, I tested it briefly with ArdourVST a few weeks ago, OBVIOUSLY not ideal, but it is a temporary method if you really like what Refine does...
Wine is still a workaround very useful in certain cases, of course. That's not uncompatible with the use of FLOSS.
akiz
Established Member

Post by akiz »

GMaq wrote:
I understand that he doesnt want to share the source, magician never shares his tricks :-).
Thank you for the tip.
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

akiz wrote:
GMaq wrote:
I understand that he doesnt want to share the source, magician never shares his tricks :-).
Thank you for the tip.

I quickly tried the refine plugin, there are issues with the gui, the knobs disapear and nly appear when you move them or move the window.

Havnt tried passing audio to it, seems a bit too flakey to trust
akiz
Established Member

Post by akiz »

http://picopicose.com/software.html

What about this? :-)
c700 snes emu
akiz
Established Member

Post by akiz »

Whats up? It would be amazin to have it on linux )
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

akiz wrote:http://picopicose.com/software.html

What about this? :-)
c700 snes emu
Ah, that SNES emulator gave me a laugh! NICE!!! But then I probably wouldn't make music using that. I like to go beyond the sounds of SNES. :)
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.