Can't scan for windows vsts in Carla

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CraigPid
Established Member

Can't scan for windows vsts in Carla

Post by CraigPid »

I have an installation of Arch and Mint. In Carla, under Architecture my only choice is Native which is greyed out. When I click Refresh, the list of available tools only has carla-discovery-native and python3-rdflib. In Mint python3-rdflib is red. In Arch I have installed Carla-git, carla-bridges-win32 and 64. In Mint I have installed the equivalents. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that you could load Win vsts in Carla.
lilith
Established Member

Re: Can't scan for windows vsts in Carla

Post by lilith »

CraigPid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:10 pm I have an installation of Arch and Mint. In Carla, under Architecture my only choice is Native which is greyed out. When I click Refresh, the list of available tools only has carla-discovery-native and python3-rdflib. In Mint python3-rdflib is red. In Arch I have installed Carla-git, carla-bridges-win32 and 64. In Mint I have installed the equivalents. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that you could load Win vsts in Carla.
Of course you need Wine and have to have it configured, but I think you have done this already (?). Can't help with Win plugins as I'm just using native ones.
CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

I found my problem. I had to enable experimental features in Carla settings and then enable win bridges.
CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

Well it seems to scan for them now but doesn't display windows plugins because the only option I have in search is Native.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

The option to scan for bridged plugins shows up now so it's working but I'm not sure what changed.