Preventing a JACK connection at startup

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

paul
Established Member

Preventing a JACK connection at startup

Post by paul »

I have an audio interface with two input channels. I use the first input for the microphone, and the second one for an electric guitar (or a guitar mic when I record acoustic). That is, the two inputs of my interface are used very differently, in particular they are not the two channels of one stereo input device.

I regularly need Alsa and PulseAudio bridges, for example for Skype, Zoom, etcetera.
Whenever I start the system, the second physical input of my interface gets connected to the second channel of both the Jack-Alsa bridge and the Jack-PulseAudio bridge. However, I don't need that connection: I would never send my raw guitar sound, say, to Skype.
(And even if I did want to play guitar on Skype, the raw input would be superimposed on the processed input, causing all sort of phase issues. That connection should just not be there.)

I would like the system, at startup, to connect the first input of my interface to *both* channels in the Alsa and PulseAudio bridges, and *not* connect the second input.
However, if I create in Claudia a LADISH studio to do this, every time I restart the system, the second input still gets connected to the bridges (the first input is correctly connected to both channels, but the second input is connected too, in addition). I don't want the second input to be connected - which program creates that connection? How can I tell it to stop?
Keep on rocking in the free world!
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Preventing a JACK connection at startup

Post by bluebell »

I use jack-plumbing to make and break connections automatically.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/