How to make cadence recognize a new usb audio device?

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MGdesigner
Established Member

How to make cadence recognize a new usb audio device?

Post by MGdesigner »

I bought an EZcap USB cassette capture. It's a USB audio input device which capture a cassette analog sound to digital audio ( By its ADC ) . I followed the method menioned in the post. By " arecord -l " I found it is hw:2.

I made it work by setting it as input device : hw:2 in Cadence . It works flawlessly. However, if I change the input device to other one, next time Cadence will 'forget' my hw:2. Then I need to type it manually again.

Does a sound devices list file of Cadence exist? If I can add or report it , then Cadence will recognize it automatically.
Shupacabras
Established Member

Re: How to make cadence recognize a new usb audio device?

Post by Shupacabras »

Hi
My english is really bad
I do not know if you mean this
https://www.hispasonic.com/foros/problemas-jack/400764
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

The original post is a little confusing. If you change the input device to another one, next time Cadence will 'forget' your hw:2 because, well, because you told it to when you changed the input device to another one. Then of course you need to type it manually again. So it all sounds to me like it's working as intended, unless I misunderstand you.
MGdesigner
Established Member

Post by MGdesigner »

Luc wrote: Then of course you need to type it manually again. So it all sounds to me like it's working as intended, unless I misunderstand you.
ALSA can recognize the device, but Cadence don't. Devices like this shouldn't always be handled by this way. I guess that Cadence owns a device list file. I may add usb id of the device + product name into the file to improve it.
My question is that: does the file exist? I may also trace Cadence source code in recent days.