[SOLVED] Carla not saving settings

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

braintree12
Established Member

[SOLVED] Carla not saving settings

Post by braintree12 »

Back in December I was working with Carla and created some racks with MIDI Pattern and Calf Fluidsynth loaded.
They were saved as Carla project files. When I open them up and start "transport" they play fine.
Today I tried to make some new racks using the same instruments but with different MIDI patterns created and different soundfonts loaded. When I save these as .carxp files, close Carla and reopen the .carxp files, MIDI Pattern and Fluidsynth are loaded in the racks but the soundfont file isn't loaded and all the MIDI notes are missing.
Yet I can reopen the files from December with no problem. It seems a newer update of Carla has disabled the ability to save newly-created settings. I get regular kxs repository updates on Ubuntu Studio 16.04. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by braintree12 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
braintree12
Established Member

Re: Carla not saving settings

Post by braintree12 »

Thanks, I've attached the log files.
1. Opening Dec project; it plays fine; I save it; choose "New" to open new Carla project
2. Create new (Apr 18) project; load Fluidsynth; load soundfont; add midi notes; save project

Comparing the Dec-saved and Apr-saved .carpx files, there's definitely more info about the files and midi specifications than in the Dec version.
Attachments
log_open_close_dec_project.txt
(55.08 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
log_open_close_apr18_project.txt
(11.56 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

Thanks -- correction to the above post -- it should read:
"Comparing the Dec-saved and Apr-saved .carpx files, there's definitely more info about the files and midi specifications in the Dec version"
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

Thanks. I'm glad to have this working again!
TheVybe
Established Member

Re: [SOLVED] Carla not saving settings

Post by TheVybe »

It's not clear to me what your solution was. I have similar issue where my Carla rack is not saving the settings for the plugin I'm using.
Zynmuse

Re: [SOLVED] Carla not saving settings

Post by Zynmuse »

I've just posted a similar problem. For me Carla will not reload settings from zynaddsubfx.
I suspect kxstudio does not have the latest version of the plugin, since on another site the plugin maintainer #fundamental has it working correctly but he rebuilds the plugin and carla from sources.