[SOLVED] MIDI Pattern missing from Carla plugins?

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

braintree12
Established Member

[SOLVED] MIDI Pattern missing from Carla plugins?

Post by braintree12 »

Possibly this question relates to your breaking news about Carla.
I saved some Carla files a few months ago that had tunes in MIDI Pattern that I was using to trigger synth plugins in the Rack. When these saved files open up, MIDI Pattern is still there (with my added notes intact).
But if create a new Carla file, MIDI Pattern doesn't show up in the list of plugins anymore.
Obviously the plugin is still in a folder on my drive somewhere because it's being recognized in the older files.
I guess I can use the older files as a template, whenever I want to create a rack with a MIDI player.
Just curious if I'm missing something. I receive regular updates to the KXStudio repositories.
Last edited by braintree12 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braintree12
Established Member

Re: MIDI Pattern missing from Carla plugins?

Post by braintree12 »

After the latest KXStudio Repositories update (yesterday), my older MIDI Pattern files stopped working. The transport controls are greyed out now. I rescanned the plugins and it didn't help -- MIDI Pattern is still missing from the plugin list.
Sorry to bug you about this.
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

Thanks, I turned Transport back on and my older patches are working again. The only thing I notice buggy about MIDI Pattern is, if you change the BPM, the cursor doesn't stay in time with the played notes. The good thing (for me) is that clicking I was getting at the loop point with certain plugins in Ardour doesn't happen when MIDI Pattern is playing the notes.
When I started using it, it was called MIDI Pattern. The plugin is still on my drive and loads and plays from an existing Carla file. I just don't see it in the list of plugins. The alphabetical list goes from "Limiter" to "Multi-Sampler."
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

I have all boxes checked.
I ran a search for "midipattern" in my /usr folder and the following came up:

/usr/share/carla/ui_midipattern.py
/usr/share/carla/resources/midipattern-ui
/usr/share/carla/resources/ui_midipattern.py
/usr/lib/lv2/carla.lv2/manifest.ttl
/usr/lib/lv2/carla.lv2/midipattern.ttl
/usr/bin/carla-single

It seems like midipattern should be detected on the Carla plugin scan. It shows up in the Ardour plugin manager as a utility plugin.
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

OK, thanks. I'm fine since I have the .carxp files that open the plugin.
braintree12
Established Member

Post by braintree12 »

I have the answer -- the reason I wasn't seeing MIDI Pattern in the Carla plugin list was "Requirements / Stereo Only" was checked under "Special Filters." Unchecking it returned MIDI Pattern to the list. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner.