Carla patchbay layout is not being saved

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

PTPi
Established Member

Carla patchbay layout is not being saved

Post by PTPi »

Carla isn't saving the state of the patchbay when I save/quit/re-open. The plugins, upon re-opening, are mangled with respect to their position. Really mangled. It takes about 10 minutes to restore them to a usable arrangement. I also notice that while the Carla, Catia, and Claudia patchbays are supposed to "share the same canvas", they do not. The patchbay is differently mangled in each.

I'm using the NON session manager since I discovered that Claudia, running ladish, reaches a limit beyond which I cannot add plugins to Carla. Is this the source of the problem?
PTPi
Established Member

Re: Carla patchbay layout is not being saved

Post by PTPi »

At present, I have 36 plugins loaded. Most of them are sf2 and sfz. It's for a full symphony orcehstra, so I'm only about halfway through.

I have another setup using LinuxSampler that functions well, but LinuxSampler is awkward to work with. I had been hoping, following several Carla updates, that Carla could handle the load. It appears not.

Thanks for replying so quickly. You've saved me a ton of frustration.

While I'm at it, thanks (again) for all you've done for Linux audio. I wouldn't be composing at all these days were it not for KXstudio. Honestly, you deserve a medal.
exH

Re: Carla patchbay layout is not being saved

Post by exH »

In my love hate relationship with KXStudio, this is about my only hate. Pretty big arrgghh!!! moment every time I start.

But we get through it :)