Pulse Bridge with 18i20 in Claudia

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

plex_dave
Established Member

Pulse Bridge with 18i20 in Claudia

Post by plex_dave »

Hello.

I have a focusrite 18i20. When I launch the pulse bridge in cadence, instead of a stereo pair like the alsa bridge, I get huge sink and source boxes in Claudia and it auto-connects to the hardware. When I go to launch the 2nd bridge from the terminal, I am able to make it a 2 channel sink or source without any auto connect to hardware. I cannot use this terminal command to launch the first bridge. Here's the command for sink that I am using pactl load-module module-jack-sink client_name=pulse_sink_2 connect=no channels=2. I can't use this command for my first bridge, only subsequent bridges. Is there something simple that I am missing here?

thanks!
plex_dave
Established Member

Re: Pulse Bridge with 18i20 in Claudia

Post by plex_dave »

Oh, well, when I launch subsequent pulse bridges (named sink2 and source2) they show up with 2 in 2 out. I use this command to do so...

pactl load-module module-jack-sink client_name=pulse_sink_2 connect=no channels=2

and source_2 for source.

The main issue I have is that when I want to check levels in pulse audio volume control, no matter how hot the mono signal going into or coming out of front-left on the pulse bridge actually is, the meter shows next to nothing. Also, the boxes for the bridges in the route in claudia take up a ton of space. My route is quite complex and having a bit more real estate on the screen never hurt anyone

*sorry for the re-post of this question, I forgot that I had posted it prior, feel free to delete*
Morgenkaff
Established Member

Re: Pulse Bridge with 18i20 in Claudia

Post by Morgenkaff »

You can edit those options into the config files for the pulse bridge used by cadence here:

/usr/share/cadence/pulse2jack

I have used the information given here: https://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/ind ... PulseAudio.