KxStudio into Debian?

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

fretski
Established Member

Re: KxStudio into Debian?

Post by fretski »

I got the repo-tree sorted out, and I've started both the Tumblewed and Jesie procedures all over again. Also managed to import the KxStudio repos into Synaptic this time (after installing the prerequisite 'apt-transport-https' package).

Then I installed wineasio rpm in Tumbleweed without any apparent issues, for Jessie it was another story. It seems like Synaptic wants to remove some packages in trade on account of presumed dependency conflicts as per the attached images. I thought it best to hold everything until I sort this out. Then I'll press on another few steps until the next hurdle, intending to put all this into a tutorial.
Screenshot-wineasio-debsynaptic.png
Screenshot-wineasio-debsynaptic.png (12.07 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Screenshot-winegecko4wine.png
Screenshot-winegecko4wine.png (17.92 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
fretski
Established Member

Post by fretski »

falkTX wrote:wineasio is not installable right now for debian testing or Ubuntu >= 17.04.
so it looks like that goes for Jessie too, bummer.
mikey187210
Established Member

Post by mikey187210 »

Rats. This is exactly my problem as well. I suppose I'll have to learn a native Linux app just for realtime recording, and then switch back to Reaper with higher latency for mixing and such.

Blargh ...
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Reaper is native though
mikey187210
Established Member

Post by mikey187210 »

I've been running Reaper under Wine because the last time I checked, their native build lacked a few key features and I hadn't heard of "LinVST" yet. I think I might try that again now because things seem to have improved a bit.

Lucky for me I'm into Reaper though. I wonder what other wineasio people are doing right now, aside from tearing out their own hair?