Package updates in the KXStudio repositories

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rodney
Established Member

Re: Package updates in the KXStudio repositories

Post by Rodney »

Too bad Ardour won't display Guitarix's plugins UI anymore, I've just updated guitarix to version 0.37.3 by building it from source, and yeah it's true, unfortunately.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Rodney wrote:Too bad Ardour won't display Guitarix's plugins UI anymore, I've just updated guitarix to version 0.37.3 by building it from source, and yeah it's true, unfortunately.
When you ain't use ardour6, and I guess you ain't, but using ardour5, it's more likely you fail into this issue:
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7209

Problem is that ardour, when download from ardour.org or from kxstudio, use older gtk/glib library's then the ones installed on your system.
So when you build guitarix yourself, you need to build ardour as well, in order to be able to use the guitarix LV2 plugin UI's.
Or, when using ardour from KxStudio, you must use guitarix from KxStudio as well, in order to use the UI's in ardour.

Alternative you could export the guitarix LV2 plugs with carla and use the exported versions, which then use the UI's as a external UI.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

falkTX wrote:With gtk4 coming soon, this will get quite messy for gtk hosts and plugins...
I fully support ardour's decision here, this is really showing being "courageous" ;)
It wont be a rose-garden. :lol:
On the road again.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

Wow super!!! Thanks :D :D :D
chaocrator
Established Member

Post by chaocrator »

falkTX wrote:14.04 is starting to show its age...
never mind. it's going to reach its EOL just in half a year. and everyone should be aware of it.

at the moment, 16.04 is super stable, so there are no real reasons not to migrate to it.

and 18.04 will become really usable in just a few months too (as it always happens with any Ubuntu LTS release)