How do I install wine on a 64-bit KXStudio distro?

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Deano
Established Member

How do I install wine on a 64-bit KXStudio distro?

Post by Deano »

Hello. Please forgive my very first post being what is, I'm sure, a very basic question. i have googled it, honestly.

I can find how to install wine on a 64-bit non-rt system.

I can find how to install wine-rt on 32-bit platforms

Bit I cannot find a simple list of steps to install wine on a 64-bit platform under a realtime kernel. I have the 64-bit KXStudio distro installed from the 14.04.02 live-disk. The KXStudio website says Wine is already installed but I cannot find it on any of the menu's and typing "wine" as a command in a terminal gives a "command not found" type message.

Can someone help me by telling me how to get the right version of wine (which I assume should be wine-rt) installed onto my 64-bit KXStudio distro please?

Thanks.
Deano
Established Member

Re: How do I install wine on a 64-bit KXStudio distro?

Post by Deano »

falkTX wrote:This should do the trick: :wink:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install wine-rt
Thanks for replying. That's what I've done but I thought it would default to the 32-bit version rather than the 64-bit version. :( :( :(

If that's all I need to do, then that's great.

What is worrying me though is if I've broken a version of wine that was installed as part of KXStudio 14.04.04 by doing the above. I couldn't find one that looked as if it had shipped with the distro but this is all new to me.

Thanks again though.
Deano
Established Member

Re: How do I install wine on a 64-bit KXStudio distro?

Post by Deano »

All I've done at the moment is "sudo apt-get install wine-rt". I haven't done anything else with it yet so hopefully it will work okay. I want to install JamManager from Digitech to work with my Jamman Stereo looper.

Thanks for the help though.