Unable to upgrade fresh installaton of KX Studio 14.04

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

unfa
Established Member

Unable to upgrade fresh installaton of KX Studio 14.04

Post by unfa »

After about a year of me contunuosly using KX Studio 14.04 LTS as my main system, it's life has come to an end - I reached a state where I can't install or upgradey any packages, because of a few of them being boken (dependency hell). I might shift this back in ime with rdiff-backup increments I'm making regularly, but still I can't install or run certain packages (for example: Wine and Skype) others (for example X18edit - a Behringer control for XR18 wireless mixer) will install but complain that there's no libxcursor.so.1 or something like that while it's there when I check. I don't know what's going on. :(

That being said I wanted to make a fresh KX Studio installation and, well - start the laborious customization all over. However a fresh installation failed to make a complete upgrade, so that's no good either. I don't remeber what was the message, but I wonder if any of you have had similar problems. :?:

I'm waiting to see a new KX Studio live DVD out. I'd drop some more cash if that could make it happen faster. KX Studio is my working enviroment, and I really like it.

I've been a reckless distro-hopper for a few years, but I am no more living this way and I think this is where I want to settle.

What's next, KX Studio, my love?
unfa
Established Member

Re: Unable to upgrade fresh installaton of KX Studio 14.04

Post by unfa »

That's great! Thank you :)

I'm writing right now from a fresh Debian 8 installation, that's installing kxstudio-meta-all (and some others: calf-git for example) package as I'm typing. I wonder if it'll work, and how well if so. Anyway I'll be very happy to see a new KX Studio Live DVD :)
unfa
Established Member

Post by unfa »

Yes, Firefox is something I'll miss, also no Muon and EasyStroke, but well, testing is testing ;)

Waiting for your DVD!
unfa
Established Member

Post by unfa »

Awesome! Downloading :)

PS: Isn't it mistakenly labeled 14.04? Shouldn't it be 15.04?
unfa
Established Member

Post by unfa »

I see. Thanks for enlighting me!

I'm getting an Ubuntu-preinstalled Dell laptop this week, so the new KX Studio DVD is gonna have a brand new home to live in soon ;)