(Solved) Noob need help with microphone

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

linux-lover
Established Member

(Solved) Noob need help with microphone

Post by linux-lover »

Ubuntu 14.04.2 lts 64 bit kxstudio . kernel 3.13.0-52-lowlatency 8G ram cpu core2 3GHz
All is working after install so THANKS falkTX for all the work to keep us playing. :D

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec* | grep Codec give Realtek ALC663 Intel Eaglelake HDMI
I wanted to record tru front mic ,there is sound out of the speakers ,but no mic show in catia.
Even if i disconnect all from jack2alsa and system playback in catia , the mic still sound,all other sound stop like ardour or vlc.
Any idea how to get the mic in jack ?
Last edited by linux-lover on Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bazsound
Established Member

Re: Noob need help with microphone

Post by bazsound »

If your using jack you wont be using alsa2jack for the mic. jack accesses it directly.

alsa2jack is only for oruting audio from an alsa program to jack and vice versa.

jack provides capture ports, on my internal soundcard i have both front and rear mic inputs, you need to select which source you want from alsa mixer.

If you right click in volume control and go to settings it will bring up alsa mxier. p[ress f4 for capture settingd.

scroll along to source and you can switch it between line and mic and front mic and CD

you will also have volume levels for the line/mic inputs aswel turn these down if you are getting mic coming out speakers when not using a jack program
linux-lover
Established Member

Post by linux-lover »

Yes bazsound, the select between line and mic dit it and the mic sliders off.
Downsite is you can not set the mic volume ! I could not find a pre amp for mic.
Abusing now the clipping booster in carla to gain the mic.
Rude but i works , would not advice this for singing do :mrgreen:
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

If you are having problems with your settings try using alsamixer in a terminal. Sometimes GUI mixers do not show something that shows up in alsamixer.

If you need more help figuring it out post back here. (If you have never used this sort of thing, you just type

alsamixer

in a terminal, or type

man alsamixer

to get instructions)
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

depending on which desktop enviroment you use you may have a different mixer, some use a gui which you can add/remove what controls show.

On my machine, volume control settings brings up alsamixer in a terminal, alsamixer always shows all controls.

If your using your soundcard there should be a mic volume plus a mic boost switch, there is also a level control for the capture port
linux-lover
Established Member

Post by linux-lover »

The mixer bypass jack, that sliders need to be down.Abusing the clipping booster as a preamp.
or use the AMS mixer plugin in catia for songs.