Install KXStudio on computer

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stouchbag

Install KXStudio on computer

Post by stouchbag »

I have a machine with Windows XP installed. I want to wipe out Windows XP and dedicate the machine to running KXStudio. How do I do this? I am new to all this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Install KXStudio on computer

Post by glowrak guy »

There are many videos, google youtube ubuntu install. Have you booted a ubuntu live cd/dvd to test?
If it works, this is about a 97.9 % proof that the install will work. Better to know the love, than to kiss a brick :wink:
Linux magazines often have a ubuntu version on cover dvd, if downloading and burning an iso is an extra problem.

You can also google for partition ubuntu. It is popular to have separate root ( / )and /home partitions,
so in future installs, you can choose not to repartition /home, that contains a lot of your gui choices
and app configs. .mozilla folder, for example, has bookmarks, firefox prefs etc and .config folder is where many
audio app prefs place their subfolders. / will be your required root partition. I think ext4 is the common default
filesystem these days. I would go for 32bit, but depending on your hardware, others may rightly suggest that 64bit is better.
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4Kh5kE3xA
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

stouchbag

Post by stouchbag »

Thanks, I burned the image onto a DVD and was able to install at boot. However, once I got installation going I was in and out of the room. I checked on it a few times and the installation was running fine, then at the end I came back and it was just an empty screen with the install screen colors in background but no window. So I figured it was finished. I turned my machine off and then back on and the load screen comes up and it gives me a message: "The disk drive for /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 is not ready yet or not present." Then it gives me option to wait, skip mounting or manual recovery. I waited a half hour, nothing happened. I also tried resart and selected skip, but it just stays in the loading screen and nothing happens. Any help on this? THanks
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

I wouldn't bother trying to repair this, just reinstall from the dvd.