Thanks KXStudio People!

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LeoMikoyan

Thanks KXStudio People!

Post by LeoMikoyan »

Really Thank you!

I just flawlessly and quickly installed KXstudio 14.04 64bits from a usb-stick, and after just tweaking cadence a little I made my Renoise run like sweet heaven as it should be. Next thing is I'll try to install reaper and I'll be feeling like at home again + all the software installed by default. Just wow.

The KXStudio sofware is amazing, clean interface, logical decisions, so obviously made by people who's into audio production and not only at coding while getting into nerd ego wars about kludgy implementations.

I been looking for years something that just works out of the box, trying to get away from the usual audio APIs crap and clunky kernels that permeate other distributions, I'd been at debian, been at ubuntu, lubuntu, mint, xubuntu, ubuntu studio and other media producing distros that I don't even remember and no one had brought me a definitive solution as KXStudio 14.04.

Windows stopped suporting my old sweet soundcard, the one I use for it's crystal clear clean input. I even borked win7 trying to hack an unsuported driver into it. Linux supported it, but linux legacy compatibility wasn't enough with other distros: they had bad implementation of Alsa, pulseaudio, jack, no low-latency kernels at repos, long tiring set ups, old software deprecated, new software being buggy, bad documentation, etc, then those nasty undocumented Adobe Flash plugin bugs with pulseaudio that nobody really cared for, had been really a PITA for years... Until now, so I just registered to thank you, and a donation is on the way :)