[Solved] KlangFalter don't load IR files on Debian Wheezy

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

juki
Established Member

[Solved] KlangFalter don't load IR files on Debian Wheezy

Post by juki »

Hi. I installed KlangFalter on my Debian Wheezy from the KXStudio repos. Unfortunately it doesn't load any IR file, same problem on Ardour2, Ardour3 and Mixbus. They're correctly loaded by IR.lv2.

I'm aware that the Debian version of KXStudio is not fully ready yet, so i'd like to know if the problem comes from my system, from the package, from the fact that i just should wait a few months before it'll be usable, etc.
Last edited by juki on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juki
Established Member

Re: KlangFalter don't load IR files on Debian Wheezy

Post by juki »

The package is of course 20130921-1kxstudio from the repos.

None of the files work, quad or not. Maybe i don't try to load them correctly, i don't know, but if so i really wonder what is wrong as it doesn't seem complicated. I click on "No file loaded" and browse the file i want to load. And then just nothing happens. I tried each IR file in the four tabs : 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2.

It also crashes the Tango Studio version of Ardour3 when i try to open the plugin with a segmentation fault. At least it doesn't crash the Ardour3 version from the Ardour website, just doesn't load anything as on Mixbus and Ardour2.
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

I was doing it wrong indeed, sorry. Thanks a lot for your help, it actually works, including quad files. Problem solved. :D
DoosC
Established Member

Post by DoosC »

falkTX wrote:the klangfalter package you use is the same everybody else is using too (assuming it's up to date), and last time I tried it worked fine.
it may depend on the files I guess, some quad files seem to have issues.
I am interested to hear a little bit more about that.
I remember us having a conversation about a regression with quad files. This seems to work fine now for you but this is still not the case here with the same package version as you.
The issue is still the same with quad files for me, 1-1 and 1-2 always load fine but 2-1 and 2-2 are either empty of full of gibberish depending on me trying to load the same file multiple times.
How do you identify and fix those quad files with issues ?
| DoosC |
bazsound
Established Member

Re: [Solved] KlangFalter don't load IR files on Debian Wheez

Post by bazsound »

Is there any more in depth tutorial on how to load IR files. The plugin page on github isnt too clear. ive downloaded some free ir files.

They are simply wave files but nothing shows up in klangfalter when i select the directory where they are stored.
bazsound
Established Member

Re: [Solved] KlangFalter don't load IR files on Debian Wheez

Post by bazsound »

Never mind, got it to work.

Im pretty impressed with this plugin, and ive only tried a few simple mono IR files.

Very impressed,,,,, My only complaint that adjustments to any settings cut of the effect for a second so you get a disconnect sense of how the effect is changing.