Enable S/PDIF PCM with JACK Audio by adding IEC958 in KMix

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tbritton
Established Member

Re: Enable S/PDIF PCM with JACK Audio by adding IEC958 in KM

Post by tbritton »

It was fate.

Terry
danboid wrote:I've only just seen this thread and its quite sad that you say you spent 3 hours trying to enable SPDIF because a few months before you started this thread I had already posted a keyword-laden guide to this same process on these forums:

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic ... 19&t=10271

So I can only presume you didn't search these forums for SPDIF before you created this thread? Oh well! :/
zth
Established Member

Post by zth »

I'm having issues with this.
I own a Juli@ XTe PCIe card, and I'm trying to use the S/PDIF in to record my guitar, which is connected to the S/PDIF in via its FX-unit. This all worked fine with a Lexicon Omega USB, as that did the mixing itself.

I just can't get it to work. I followed this guide, but I have no "PCM Input Source". Here's a couple of informational pictures from both JACK and QASMixer:

Here's my Cadence settings. I note that there's an additional entry for the hw:Juli,1 but that effectively doesn't work using, at least not by itself like that.

My alsamixer.

My QASMixer. Super-kudos to anyone that can explain to me what the different controls mean/do btw :D

I'm in desperate need of help here, I just simply _can't_ figure out how to do this. Thanks a ton in advance!
ToddMWorth
Established Member

Post by ToddMWorth »

It's probably a good thing he didn't use that guide, because that's for a different kind of card that works strangely. Every single SPDIF IO I've ever enabled in linux (dozens and dozens) has not required your process; only to unmute the digital outs as explained in this thread.... Still, it's good that the two threads are linked now!