Package requests here! (New and updates)

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rvega
Established Member

Re: Package requests here! (New and updates)

Post by rvega »

studio32 wrote:Could you package Radium?
+1 for radium :)
esteband
Established Member

Post by esteband »

esteband wrote:Is it possible to package the latest version of faust and its IDE, called faustworks?

Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/p/faudiostream/_list/git
Project Homepage: http://faust.grame.fr/
bump

I've seen that this is packaged for saucy - is there any reason it wouldn't work with 12.04?
esteband
Established Member

Post by esteband »

falkTX wrote: I would expect developers to know how to install stuff :D

I mean, I could break something with the update. or do you truly believe it's a safe backport?
I have no idea how to install anything! ;)

Seriously, I'm just learning the ropes on linux - I only started playing with it 2 weeks ago. I'm still a little unclear on how packages work - it's a big departure from windows installers. Although I've tried compiling from source, I usually can't figure out the error messages I get. I mean, I understand the concept of dependencies, but like you, I'm worried about breaking something.

I understand if you think Faust doesn't fit with the spirit of kxstudio, though. I'll try writing the developers and see if they can help me get it running.

BTW falkTX - I tried out many distros before settling on kxstudio, and lemme tell you - this thing rocks. *Almost* everything worked out of the box, and what didn't was fairly easy to get going. I just really appreciate all the work you've put into it. There is no need for me to go back to Windows now thanks to kxstudio.

-Steve
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

xrandr 1.4

it supports multiple gpus with composting. .nvidias Cinerama does not play nice are all with composting.

14.04 is out of the question for me. kernels past 3.11 don't Work on my hardware.
emviveros
Established Member

Post by emviveros »

Looking for new plugins I found HybridReverb2 and HighLife in Distrho Port Session... http://distrho.sourceforge.net/ports.php
It's relativelly easy to install the native vst, but I can't use well it in lv2. It may be nice have it packaged in KXStudio...

An issue is in 'ir.lv2'. I can't use it because I can't load the GUI in Carla. http://factorial.hu/plugins/lv2/ir
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

falkTX wrote:I personally advise you to not use any discoDSP products.
That's too bad. I recently got the latest Discovery synthesizer, I wanted to test it with Bitwig. It's CPU-intensive, but it works well and has some great sounds. I asked George if he'd consider releasing other discoDSP synths in Linux versions, he might do it.

Anyway, to each his own opinion. I would personally advise trying before buying.

Best,

dp
olivermusico
Established Member

Post by olivermusico »

Hello! Something happens with kontact, kmail, akonadi... etc... from the last update... I can't install them again... :cry:
Kxstudio 12.04.3
Ó.
not english fluently...
olivermusico
Established Member

Post by olivermusico »

falkTX wrote:
olivermusico wrote:Hello! Something happens with kontact, kmail, akonadi... etc... from the last update... I can't install them again... :cry:
Kxstudio 12.04.3
solving, please wait a few hours before updating
Thanks a lot! :D
Ó.
not english fluently...
olivermusico
Established Member

Post by olivermusico »

falkTX wrote:Should be all good now.
Hopefully this update to kde 4.13 won't break anything...
everything ok! :D
thanks falkTX!
Ó.
not english fluently...
wolftune
Established Member

Post by wolftune »

Could you please package TuxGuitar removing the pulseaudio and other extraneous dependencies that aren't actually needed in KXStudio?
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
http://wolftune.com
lazyklimm
Established Member

Post by lazyklimm »

wolftune wrote:Could you please package TuxGuitar removing the pulseaudio and other extraneous dependencies that aren't actually needed in KXStudio?
tuxguitar doesn't depend on libpulse0 itself, openjdk-7-jre does
wolftune
Established Member

Post by wolftune »

lazyklimm wrote:
wolftune wrote:Could you please package TuxGuitar removing the pulseaudio and other extraneous dependencies that aren't actually needed in KXStudio?
That's not the issue. I already have openjdk-7-jre installed along with libpulse0. When I try to install tuxguitar, it insists on installing a bunch of new things still, pulseaudio among them, and on removing/replacing some jack stuff.
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
lazyklimm
Established Member

Post by lazyklimm »

wolftune wrote:
lazyklimm wrote:
That's not the issue. I already have openjdk-7-jre installed along with libpulse0. When I try to install tuxguitar, it insists on installing a bunch of new things still, pulseaudio among them, and on removing/replacing some jack stuff.
Try to disable recommended dependencies completely

Code: Select all

$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99synaptic
APT::Install-Recommends "false";

$ dpkg -l | grep pulse
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0:amd64             4.0-6+b1                                 amd64        PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii  libpulse0:amd64                           4.0-6+b1                                 amd64        PulseAudio client libraries
ii  libpulse0:i386                            4.0-6+b1                                 i386         PulseAudio client libraries

or just use

aptitude --without-recommends
or

apt-get --no-install-recommends
wolftune
Established Member

Post by wolftune »

Those suggestions for install without recommends don't seem realistic. I think the point is that tux-guitar needs certain things, but it doesn't actually need pulseaudio… I think repackaging makes more sense. I did try the --no-install-recommends and that didn't work.
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
emviveros
Established Member

Post by emviveros »

falkTX wrote:I might be able to make it work later on in Carla2.0, but for now consider using KlangFalter.
Thanks for explanations..! KlangFalter it's what I need... :)