Help compiling libaam.so EnergyXT-jack

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rastagallo
Established Member

Help compiling libaam.so EnergyXT-jack

Post by rastagallo »

Hi!
I'm trying to compile the file libaam.so so I can give to EnergyXT jack capabilities.

I've downloaded the file Jack.cpp from the EnergyXT website, but when I give the code

Code: Select all

g++ -shared -lasound -ljack jack.cpp -o /(path to energy)/libaam.so
it gives me this output:

jack.cpp: In function ‘int libaam(int, int, int)’:
jack.cpp:427:27: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp:443:20: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp:471:14: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp:496:20: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp:519:20: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp:530:21: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jack.cpp: In member function ‘void CMIDIDev::enable(int)’:
jack.cpp:578:42: error: cast from ‘snd_rawmidi_t* {aka _snd_rawmidi*}’ to ‘int’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
jack.cpp: In constructor ‘CMIDIThread::CMIDIThread(int, int)’:
jack.cpp:608:28: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
How can I do to compile this file?
Thanks for the support!
distrozapper
Established Member

Re: Help compiling libaam.so EnergyXT-jack

Post by distrozapper »

I googled for "EnergyXT libaam.so jack" and found this modified jack.cpp on an inofficial energyXT wiki site:
http://energyxt2.wikidot.com/jack-cpp

At least it compiled here without errors after adding the -fPIC option (the compiler advised so).
I did not test it (no EnergyXT here).
Maybe you could give it a try.
Good luck.
ator
Established Member

Post by ator »

Hi,
I have kxstudio 12.04.1 64 bit.
I took libaam.so from the kxstudio package repository and when I run energyxt, it founds no audio drivers, and after exit it displays in console the message:

dlopen(): /home/energyxt/libaam.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
A suggestion was looking in the package repository for ia32-libs, but I didn't found it...

Can you give a hint about making it working?
ator
Established Member

Post by ator »

Hi falkTX.
You guessed really right !
This is really amazing, it is working !! :)
Thanks!
It is working by default as you said, audio 2i2o + midi 1i1o, no need to have xt2-config for having these.

Btw, is your name "falkTX" a kind of anagram, meaning TX being the reverse of XT from energyXT ? :)
ToddMWorth
Established Member

Post by ToddMWorth »

It means he is transmitting ;)
bhilmers
Established Member

Post by bhilmers »

falkTX wrote:Anyway, what you want I guess is this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5f4ccg1ou4di76 :D
Hello. Using the file above, EnergyXT reports "No Audio drivers found on your system?"

My system:
Xubuntu 15.04, 64-bit
jackd2 1.9.9.5+20130622git...
EnergyXT 2.7

Any ideas?
bhilmers
Established Member

Post by bhilmers »

falkTX wrote:...has there been energyxt activity recently?
I the past year he's released a stable for Linux, beta for Win/Mac, and several updates to the iOS version. In that sense, XT is a much more active than a lot of software I depend on. From what I understand the developer is a recluse, but after seeing some of his crazy fans on the KVR forums, I would hide too, haha.

Unfortunately for me, XT has the best workflow of any DAW I have used over the past 20 years. IMO it blows away every other GNU DAW right out of the box. The only place I feel it lacking is plugin support on Linux. I just wanted Calf to work with XT so I could use the analyzer and maybe a couple other tools in the suite. Oh well. :/
bhilmers
Established Member

Post by bhilmers »

falkTX wrote:my main issue with energyxt is that it's 32bit only and I use a 64bit system.
Presumably, that's the main complaint about XT and my biggest issue as well. If I ran 32-bit Linux I could do a lot more with that DAW.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into Carla and see if I can bridge these things together.