Ubuntu 12.10 - any testers?

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

gingerling
Established Member

Re: Ubuntu 12.10 - any testers?

Post by gingerling »

yes, I get that - however if you dont use keyboard short cuts then it IS extra clicking. I use short cuts for some things and not others - for changing aplication for example, I prefer to use my mouse - but working within the aplication, I use shortcuts. Also, I like to use my mouse to search the aplications menus, and with the apple esque menus-all-at-the-top-of-your-screen feature, if your app isnt maximsed to full screen, you got to move your mouse all the way to the top of the screen each time, rather just than to the top of the window. Thats a pain if you are using gimp, for example. I don't mind there being fast ways to use an os with short cut keys, but it shouldn make the rest of the design lazy and iritaing for mouse-happy users right?
ToddMWorth
Established Member

Post by ToddMWorth »

easystroke
karm
Established Member

Post by karm »

falkTX wrote:I know Cadence doesn't disable the pulseaudio options when it should (eg, when pulseaudio is not installed).
So there's no indication for this yet, sorry.
But yeah, you need to install pulseaudio-module-jack for it to work.

The failed autostart could be a timing issue, or simply a bug in Cadence.
I'm currently busy doing the preparations for the ISO this weekend, so please ping me again after that.
We'll sort it out later, promise.
Hello again, FalkTX :)

Because of trouble with nvidia drivers I reverted to 12.04. The Pulse2Jack sink does not start at log on even in LTS. Can we have this sorted out in near future? Thanks.
Only birds fly first class
Archlinux on desktop pc.
karm
Established Member

Post by karm »

I assume that by random you mean at random systems and not randomly at start on a single system because it never starts on my os. neither 12.04 nor 12.10. Some clues:
- ubuntu 12.04 with kxstudio packages (I did not issue a "dist-upgrade" command but installed cadence and of course pulseaudio-to-jack)
- using unity
- it was the same in 12.10
- same behavior with generic, lowlatency and realtime kernels (although I doubt it would change because of kernel)
Only birds fly first class
Archlinux on desktop pc.