Caustic 3

This section is dedicated to applications and configurations for the Google Android OS.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

JSantos
Establlshed Member

Caustic 3

Postby JSantos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Anybody ever tried it? I've really been getting great results with it to be honest. The OTG to MIDI keyboard feature had me sit down in a coffee shop for hours crafting ideas.

JSantos
Establlshed Member

Re: Caustic 3

Postby JSantos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 am

Bumping up!

I'd really love to hear your stuff guys. This is something which I think is kind of breathtaking.

gimmeapill
Establlshed Member

Postby gimmeapill » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 am

I tried it again (used to have a v2 license) last week end after seeing raving reviews on the Renoise FB group - that some chaps were able to get some real job done with it.
But I still don't like it. Sounds to my hears like a plastic toy, sequencer doesn't seems to support live looping, just linear boredom (although I can understand this appeals to the FL crowd).
I quickly went back to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.quet.android.audioid&hl=en which is far more pleasant for doodling around.

witchspace
Establlshed Member

Postby witchspace » Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 am

it's nice to play around with, cool that it's possible these days to have such a versatile instrument in your pocket. I'm a child of the 80's so it impresses me :D Of course it lacks the flexibility of Carla+qtractor+a ton of LV2 plugins, and probably the limited processing power puts constraints on sound quality, but I don't agree it sounds like a toy.

Luc
Establlshed Member

Postby Luc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Can anyone here run Caustic 3 on Linux, preferably on Debian?

It runs for me, but I can't get any sound from it. In fact, the playback needle won't even move when playing a track.

I've been able to make version 2 run on Ubuntu a long time. When 3 came out, I had moved to Debian and it's never worked for me. I've tried everything I could.

There is a newer version with different graphical libraries, but I always wanted to run version 3.1.0 in case someone wants to try:

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/downl ... taller.exe

northwood
Establlshed Member

Postby northwood » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 pm

I have a license, but pattern sequencing is not really my thing, I purchased it because it was cool, and still play around a little with it... will have to dig up a tune made with it and post it somewhere. 8)

Return to “Android Audio”