Can Equalizer-Preamp Damage Phone Speakers?

This section is dedicated to applications and configurations for the Google Android OS.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Paul33

Can Equalizer-Preamp Damage Phone Speakers?

Post by Paul33 »

Hi all! I just bought Neutron Music Player and Poweramp but when playing with the settings, I put the Preamp to max along with the system volume in Neutron. (I wanted to test Neutron's volume vs Poweramp's volume) It couldn't have been more then 20 seconds but I am worried that I may have damaged the phones's speakers. I notice no difference in the speakers, (I uninstalled and reinstalled Neutron so the all settings would be at their defaults), but I am wondering if I may have damaged them. Is that even possible? Ths in advance!

If I posted in the wrong section, sorry in advance. Wasn't sure where to ask this question.
https://tplinklogin.info/
https://indianpin-code.in/
Last edited by Paul33 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunrat
Established Member

Re: Can Equalizer-Preamp Damage Phone Speakers?

Post by sunrat »

Any speakers can be damaged by driving them louder than their capacity so the answer to your question is yes. Boosting volume or EQ (especially low frequencies)will deliver more power to the speakers. Whether that will actually damage them on any particular device depends on the power and distortion specs of the amplifier and the power handling capabilities of the speaker.
If you have damaged them it will probably be obvious when listening.
albert90
Established Member

Re: Can Equalizer-Preamp Damage Phone Speakers?

Post by albert90 »

Equalizer-Preamp is a common piece of audio equipment that is used to boost the output of a phone speaker. However, some people have complained that it may damage the speakers by producing too much distortion.